Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update about abusive husband...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

I didn't know if it would show on my last post.. so I did another just in case...

Ok so I was going to church and stuff and praying and leaving it up to God. I hadn't let him back in the house. Well today he goes to the Police station. He goes in there, and his mom and dad are already in there talking to CPS and the officer (his dad is a cop) and when he goes in they told him if you cooperate with CPS we will drop the charges!!! WTF!!!!!!

I was NEVER asked if I wanted to drop the charges. We were going to go to marriage counseling and see if we could work it out. But now CPS is looking at me like I don't know what's best for my kids.. and I HATE that. He can't live with us until Nov. He cannot have unsupervised visits with the kids. I can't supervise the visits it has to be a family member, and we  both have to go to anger management , marriage counseling, and parenting classes.

I don't mind going to the classes. But who says I want to stay married? He has been trying to kiss my butt but is still treating the kids like crap. (He came over to pay some of the bills and see the kids) and What if he had really injured me??? What would they do then?? Is that what it takes?? For me to have "visible injuries'  What about my baby?? What if I miscarried???

Oh and he tells CPS as she is talking to us (she came over with him to get his stuff and tell me the "safety plan") Well my parents are registered foster parents. That makes me think he has something up his sleeve!!!

I so don't know what my next step should be now...

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lace2180
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:20 PM

hugs sorry to hear this mama

DevilDuckie
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I would suggest you contact a battered womans shelter.  They are a great resource for things like free legal care which you seem to need a counseling for just you which would probably also be helpful.

dre_bunny
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Quoting Lace2180:

hugs sorry to hear this mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)