Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

know it all's and 1 uppers....... BLAH !

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

Dont you just LOVE them ? Today at my Dr's appt some lady ( she had 2 kids a 4yr old and a 3 mo old) and she asked me how old my son was. I told her he was 2 and she said "oh my your gonna have your hands full" - no biggie....... then she proceeded to tell me that I potty trained him WAY too young ( she noticed because he said he had to go potty) she asked when i started training him and I said when he turned 2. So she proceeded to tell me that I am going to have nothing but problems with him having accidents and so forth and that I should have waited.........

I simply replied " not all kids are the same, he showed interest so we tried and he did great and has been doing just fine for 5 mo now"

THEN i get home from my appt and hop on myspace to post a bulletin to update everyone and said " YAY Im 2 cm dialated ....." and the rest of the info and friend (not someone i talk to alot) sent me a message and said " dont you know its WAY too early for you to be dialateing if you have your baby this early there are going to be MAYJOR complications !"

I just wrote her back and said " no its not at this stage my baby is the right size and plenty developed to be born" and she wrote back " Ummmmm no your supposed to be pregnant for 40 weeks NO LESS" ........... i really cant stand this chick our sons are the same age born the same day and she ALWAYS has to be the one upper !!  I post updates on him and she messages me ..... WELL MY SON _______   ..... I DIDNT ASK ABOUT YOUR SON !!! 

anyone else have people they know who always have to 1 up you or your kid (s) ?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mickiamommyof4
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM

No I don't have anyone, not that i know of anyways. But it must be frustrating for you hugs

lauren8892
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I know way too many to list them but congrats on the dialation and watch out for those "MAJOR complications!"...lol but seriously good luck!

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I did but we are no longer friends because of it...she was constantly putting my 2 oldest kids down so I finally just cut the friendship off...

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I have alot of people tell me everything i do is wrong.  DD shouldnt stay up as late as she does, she should be pt'd by now, etc etc .  I dont listen since I know if i did pt her now there could be a chance of regression is i force her.

Stacy1008
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Yea I know one uppers but I just avoid telling them anything about my life or my son.  And careful not to praise them on anything..it only encourages them! lol

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

JADEN

mirandar2001

Yes, I have. I also put her in her place and ended the friendship. Obviously she was a  miserable person with nothing better to do but put me down to make herself feel better.WELL, not at my expense, bitch! LOL 

junebug624

I had one in my laugh, my mom's sister (my aunt)... growing up her daughter (1 yr older than me) was a saint.  "Oh, she's taking piano lessons..." I taught myself.  "Oh, she just started college..." she dropped out after the 1st semester.  "Oh, she found this great bf."  He knocked her up and now they have 3 kids from 1 month to 5yrs.  He also doesnt work, and sends her to work.  Cheats on her, drinks everyday, doesnt take care of the kids, and she knows all of this... Yea, my aunt doesnt one up my mom anymore, thank god.

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

monseymom

Yes, I have a neighbor like this. I dont speak to her anymore. First time my daughter wore pigtails, the next day her daughter wore pigtails, and she's like "OMG yesterday I had such a cute idea for my daughters hair!!!" um, yeah, of course you did cuz you saw me do it! Our daughters are also the same age, except mine was born premature so she was  abit delayed..,. and this neighbor knew this, yet every other day she came telling me of another milestone her full-term baby reached. Whatever. I just started ignoring her.

HouseKatof2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I have a family full of one uppers and people that think they know it all. Luckily, I live a thousand miles or more from all of them so I don't have to worry about it. I don't tell them much about our lives here and ask very little about their life. Seems to work out very well for all of us.  

"It is in our obligation to endure that we achieve the right to know."
~My Dad 

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" 
~Fredrick Douglass

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)