Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong for me to ask my doc....

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM
  • 30 Replies
To induce me at 38 weeks! Im having very bad pain in my back an hip doc says baby crushin my scaitic nerve! The pain is so bad i can barley walk! I wanna see if doc will induce me at 38 weeks but apart of me feels its wrong an that i should wait til he is ready! But i cant deal wit this pain it is now a consent pain! What do u ladies think i should do?
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rowansmum
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM

wait,  you're baby's health is paramount and you could be jeopardizing that

wells75904
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I would just ask to be induced....both my younger two were born at 38wks cause I had c/s they were fine

I own and admin in several groups, see one that interests you? JOIN US!!!

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms
May 2005 Children- Come and join us if you have a child born in May of 2005, share the joys, the fears, the challenges of raising 4 year olds! http://www.cafemom.com/group/may2005children
About Frugal Moms Buy, Sell, and Trade Connection-Buy and sell with great prices!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugalmomsbuyandsell

mom_2_3crzyboys
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM

im in the same boat as you momma but im 23 weeks along with twins. i could barely move today, i was cryin when hubby woke upPhe works midnites} and he was freakin out thought i was in labor lol...hope you feel better soon! and it couldnt hurt to ask! congrats!

Leeland & Landyn Identical Twin Boys Due December 10, 2009!!Big Brothers Logan{11-4-04}, Hunter{2-26-08} and Owen {5-7-08} Can't wait to meet the twins!!

smilesalways26
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM

i agree, just ask, they wont do anything to harm ur baby on purpous chick. good luck

Quoting wells75904:

I would just ask to be induced....both my younger two were born at 38wks cause I had c/s they were fine

raegansmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I had my DD at 36 1/2 weeks via c-sec (I have Type I diabetes) she is fine....perfect if you ask me :-)  If you want to ask, ask.  What is the worst that will happen?  He will say no.  Good luck & I hope you get relief one way or another soon!

Jennylynn86
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I was induced with my DS at 37 weeks... I had BP issues... Protein in the urine... massive water retention, the whole nine yards. I would ask him, if I were you... The baby is term and worst case scenario is he would tell you no.... Good luck!

Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:35 PM

My only concern would be ending up with a c-section. If they try before your body is ready and you stall, they may have to do a c/s.

madisonfraser
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:35 PM
I was induced at 39 weeks, and would have killed to be induced at 37.
My baby boy was born perfectly healthy, and I had no complications.
So I highly doubt you are putting your baby at risk, but may I suggest having an epidural...
Pitocin is Satan in a bag. The contractions were fine at first but after 5 hours I was ready to kill someone if that anesthesiologist didn't get his ass to my room ASAP.
lauraluann
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Doctor's don't usually induce before 39 weeks, but in your case all you can do is ask.  They can do a ultrasound and other things to see if your baby is ready.  Although I think it would be better for you to stick it out. 

I am 36 weeks and having a ton of back pain also.  I feel pain down my spine and hips every time I move or baby moves, but I have a feeling she will weight about 8-10 lbs.  Her dad weighted 10lbs when born and her sister was 8 even.  So I know that is why I have so much pain, she is a big baby.

reelo
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM

There are some pretty heavy risks with induction, honestly, and as a "survivor" of three pregnancies I know those last few weeks SUCK-- but I wouldn't take those chances because I am uncomfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)