Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marital Problems help me

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok so me and my husband have been married since march and already have So many problems. We have trust problems(basically from problems we both have), He has mental problems(bipolar and depression) and its been killing us every since may. He has been checking up on me by looking at my computer and phone and txt messages. Like i feel like a 12 year old again. Like parts of me wanna leave with our one year old son. and part of me wants to keep trying to stick it out. Im just confused with everything going on. someone please help

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilysmom8
by Dawn on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM

it sounds as though you guys need to seek counciling 

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Well, my only advice is to get this straightened out now, don't let him continue to "check up" on you. It will only get more intense as time goes by. If he does not agree to back off, tell him what the consequences are and be firm.

liamsmomma813
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM

i have talked to him. and i just dont know what todo it  like he has checked up on me at least 3 times since i asked him to stop

lyranightshade
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Is he on medication that he takes regularly for his disorders? If not, he needs to be. And second, you might want to check into a marriage counselling. Maybe even a weekend retreat. It sounds like you love him, and you deserve to give this a chance. Perhaps some time apart and a good heart-to-heart would help. "I really don't like it when you..." fill in the blank. Offer to compromise. "I'll call you when I'm out and let you know where I am and with who if you don't look at my texts and snoop in my computer." If things don't improve after some time, try a seperation, and then think about divorce. In the end, you need to be happy. Being in a marriage that is frought with tension is never a good thing for a child to grow up in. Unfortunately, sometimes, it takes us a couple of tries to find the right one. I know third time was the charm for me.

liamsmomma813
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM

like i have tried the whole getting away thing and i have tried almost everything else to and nothing works, I do love him but i wish me and him could go back to dating because thats when things seemed a lot better

luving-mom-of-2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I agree with this.  It's probably your only solution.  Good luck!

Quoting emilysmom8:

it sounds as though you guys need to seek counciling 

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

possummom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:30 PM

sounds like some counseling would help....maybe check his meds too. good luck mama. maybe it is to soon to throw the towel in....but i know friends who have spouses with bipolar...it can be hard to live with.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I would definitely suggest counseling.  If he won't go, then go for yourself.  Does he take meds?  I'm not a fan of checking up but I'd think that after awhile of finding nothing, he's bound to stop.

CariO.
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:34 PM

So you married someone with mental problems?  Wow, must have really been love.  Marriage is hard enough with a level-headed healthy man.  Don't know.  Good luck to you.

liamsmomma813
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Thanks were looking into counseling but things dont seem to be better after i suggested it. Anything else i could do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)