Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it any of our business? *a sort of vent...with logic*

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM
  • 44 Replies

Ladies, why is it our business if someone chooses to have another child, or get pregnant accidentally while on PA? Why is it our business what another mom chooses for her son (circ'd or uncirc'd) or whether or not a parent chooses to celebrate a holiday or... well... anything? I understand being curious, but that should be the end of it. Be curious, learn from one another, but don't judge. We all look at our life through different eyes, have been shaped through different experiences and environments, cultures, and traditions. Remember, that's why our world is beautiful. I'm a Pagan mommy who believes that her son shouldn't be circumcised. If you want to know why, I'm happy to tell you, but please don't try to convince me I'm a terrible parent for NOT going against what I believe to be the most logical route. I plan to educate my son in all manners of faith. If you want to know how, or why, I'll be happy to tell you. Please do not tell me I'm dooming my child to hell for my ways. I choose to encourage him to play with whatever toy makes him happy (currently, his favorite is a stuffed purple unicorn from a Happy Meal). If you'd like to know what benefits are in it, I'll be happy to tell you. Please do not tell me I'm leading my son into sin and homosexuality by confusing gender roles. I can tear most arguments to pieces with logic, reasoning, hard facts and statistics. Mainly, because I do research before I make a decision that carries weight. However, I am ALWAYS open to differences of opinion, different experiences, and different facts and statistics. I don't understand why when a person chooses a different style of parenting or lifestyle or faith it is taken as a personal affront to those who feel their way is the only way of doing things. Can't we all get along and learn from each other, one mother to another?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Natashath09
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:09 PM
its not anyones damn business to tell another mom to raise her family or live her life as long as her family is taken care of and they arent hurting anyone!

<3 Proud Young Mommy

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I don't care what anyone does as long as I am not paying for it

heathermichelle
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM

nope it makes me feel so great to be in control and to tell others how to live cuz i really live up to the bitch name. I have to make it my business to tell others how to live and i like to run other people lives too 

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Live and let live. 

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

lyranightshade
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I'm assuming you're joking? lol

Quoting heathermichelle:

nope it makes me feel so great to be in control and to tell others how to live cuz i really live up to the bitch name. I have to make it my business to tell others how to live and i like to run other people lives too 

2princesnaKing
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Its not any one's business. Some people just dont have a life, so they fulfill their excitement by belittling people and criticizing them. Its sad.

lyranightshade
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly! Can't we all respect each other as another mom, just trying to do what she thinks is best for her family?

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

Live and let live. 

heathermichelle
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Quoting lyranightshade:

I'm assuming you're joking? lol

Quoting heathermichelle:

yep lol

Luna091306
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:16 PM

It's not anyone's business, period.

"Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have all the answers, to think they do."

love_my_family
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Quoting JulyBabies:

I don't care what anyone does as long as I am not paying for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)