Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding day bloopers ????

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM
  • 27 Replies

Who wants to share wedding day bloopers or any special/unforgetable moment that took place on your wedding day....anything goes.....the weather was bad....the food sucked....someone was a no show...etc...etc...I like watching those blooper shows but thought id ask you ladies just for fun  =)

~~ If I had Skittles in my mouth.......would you come and taste the rainbow ?~~

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennylynn86
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM

The only thing that took place was during the vows... when our preacher was having my DH repeat after him, "in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit," my DH said "in the name of the Son, the Father, and the Holy Spirit." Just continue on, right?? Nope... He stopped, got really embarrassed, turned red... I had to tell him to continue, it was ok..... Poor guy.

schunmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM

My DH and I got married when I was 5 months pregnant with my DD but not everyone knew that we were expecting. My dress I was wearing hid my belly very well and it just looked like I was gaining weight. Regardless of that fact my sister being my MOH was giving her speech and during her speech she announced to everyone at the dinner that we were expecting. I wasn't mad at her or anything but the way she said it matter of factly was just hilarious and was kinda the highlight of the dinner!

kabbima
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Ha Ha where to start.  We had a garden wedding and it was beautiful and the best day of my life to that point my kids births take the cake now though.  Anyways when my dad was giving me away I went to step to my hubby and my dad was standing on my train.  It broke the nerves and we all laughed but still embarassing lol.  Then later on even though hmy train was tied up my brother stepped on it and broke one of the ties.  Then it rained, it was okay though it only lasted about 10 minuets and we got a beautiful rainbow afterwards.  :)

lauraluann
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:28 PM

My little flower girls were my hubby's 4 year old nieces and they got nervous and forgot where to walk.  My sister in law had to guide them all the way down the isle.  Also my brother walked me down the isle and when he went to go to his seat he stepped on my train and I almost tripped.  Then I had a really bad UTI that day and ended up going to the emergency room on our honeymoon.  (I was 3 months pregnant and thought I was having a miscarriage the pain was so bad.)

Oh and I couldn't get his ring all the way on, I tried for like a 30seconds and the guy marrying us was like "that is good."  So we could continue on, I felt like an idiot.

Jademom07
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Thru the whole ceremony the pastor call my dh Bo...his name is Bill. 

lilkgfan
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Our wedding was the first the pastor had performed and he said repeat after me too early, so my husband looked so panicked when the pastor didn't pause for him to repeat. We also forgot to do the toast.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
brpainter
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Well...I had asked my very best friend's dad to marry me and my husband and he agreed. Mind you I have been friends with this girl as long as I can remember, and had been especially close in the years or two before my marriage. In fact, she was my maid of honor! Anyways...so during the ceremony he had prepared a little speech and had written it on a piece of paper. Well ever time he would look down at the paper and read he would call me "Rachel". Problem is...my name is "Raquel"! He continued to do this...he'd look at his paper and call me Rachel. The funny part was that when he would talk directly to me he would call me Raquel!

I didn't let it bother me and the day turned out wonderful! However, hopefully the law doesn't say that the bride's name has to be pronounced correctly for it to be a valid marriage!

And here's a pic just for fun :)

JPandMommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Wasn't my wedding but my sisters. After the ceremony we went to my Aunt's home to have pictures taken. Well someone went inside to use the restroom and let her 130 lb rottweiler out. At this point the bridal party is lined up having pics taken. The dog runs out to us, circles us and lifts his leg and urinates all over the flower girl, which happened to be the brides daughter. We left and found the nearest dry cleaner to have her dress cleaned. That was in 2002 and everyone still talks about it. Oh and it also got us on America's Funniest Home Videos

Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM

My two youngest kids (ages 2 and 3) were our ring bearers.  My husband adamently refused to tie the actual rings to their pillows cause he just knew something would happen...well, he was right.  Both boys decided to THROW the ring pillows down the aisle.  It was cute - everyone was laughing and "awwww"-ing.  It was a good thing we didn't tie the rings to the pillows!

cherrygirl87
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Me my mom my bridesmaids all got in the limo to go down to the area where we were getting married and halfway there I realized I forgot the soon to be hubby's ring at the venue we got ready at. Then when it was my turn to say vows the pastor was reciting the first line I was supposed to say then paused so I could repeat it but because it was so long I couldn't remember what he said so I go "What?" and ofcourse everyone laughed...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)