Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military ???

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

Can you join the military if you have biopolar or adhd?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rosebud13
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Anybody?????

bellasmom_01
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Not if you are on meds. If you are no longer on meds, you have to have been off of them for at least 1 year.

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Well I know if you are dx'd as depressed or schizophrenic (sp?) before you try to join then the answer is NO, so I would imagine that at least for bipolar it would be the same since it includes depression in that dx. As for adhd , well maybe.

mommywife06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:33 PM

My husband has adhd and he got in. bi-polar if they see your medicine is helping and it wont interfere with working

rosebud13
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM

My son is almost 14 and  wants to join the service.He has both of them. He does take meds for them.

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM

You could call an Army recruiter and ask or call Walter-Reed Army Hospital and ask them. My 21y/o was just recently told if they had known about his dx of depression as a teen then they would not have allowed him to join.

Quoting rosebud13:

My son is almost 14 and  wants to join the service.He has both of them. He does take meds for them.

CAarmywife
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:45 PM

IF they have been treated for it and its on the med record then it would be a problem but if its something that started when they were younger and are not on the medicines anymore then it should be ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)