Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is my opinion when it comes to PA edit in red

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM
  • 18 Replies

with so many people get so pissed off with women being on PA, so what is your opinion on this situation.

do you think a woman who has been a sahm for years but she is in a abusive relationship, do you think she should stay in that bad relationship simply because she won't have to be on PA or do  hater think that is a suitable reason to get PA. i mean what is a suitable reason to get on it.

You know after being a sahm for so long it is going to be extremely hard to find a job especially if you have young children so more than likely she will end up on PA.

what a mom who busts her ass everyday at work but still can't make ends meet should her children have to go hungry because some people think she should get on it.

I mean i don't understand some people. how do you guy know what her situation may be, you don't know why she is pulling out that food stamp card or even if the car you see her get into is even hers or not maybe she don't even have a car maybe she borrowed a friends car. before you judge someone think first. or even the  woman talking wanting another kid, it doesn't mean she is actually going to have another one soon, maybe she is thinking about the future, or maybe at the moment she is having baby fever. you don't really know her situation at all and you don't know her.

this is what i have read on here in the past.

you in the store you see a woman with 2 + kids wearing name brand clothes, getting into a really nice car that is only a yaar old but she pulls out a food stamp card and so many of women are so quick to jump to the decision that she is abusing the system.

guess what i was that mom a year ago, yea i had a nice car, i had 2 kids, we were all wearing name brand clothes but guess what i wasn't abusing the system, my husband has just gotten laid off and we had just went a month of eathing mac and cheese and fried patato. . we bought all of that while he was working,. but what you don't know is 3 month later iwas buying food with my bank card because he was working again but at that moment so many people are to jump to the conclusion that that woman must be abusing the system

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
6in5years
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:41 PM

In my opinion the situation doesn't matter.  The Moms on here shouldn't be made to justify their lives to the ones who bash them.  If you get PA you get it.  It doesn't make a difference if it's because of abuse, divorce , the economy, or laziness, etc.

confused-mom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:49 PM

i agree, but the basher make the ladies feel like they do have to justify themselves and they are made to feel like trash because they are on assistance and it isn't right at all. everyone seem to think they are better because they are not in need and that pisses me off because that day is going to come when they are going to need the help and then they are going know what it feel like to be treated like trash

Quoting 6in5years:

In my opinion the situation doesn't matter.  The Moms on here shouldn't be made to justify their lives to the ones who bash them.  If you get PA you get it.  It doesn't make a difference if it's because of abuse, divorce , the economy, or laziness, etc.

LuvinMyRockstar
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM

a suitable reason to get on pa, is NOBODY'S business!!!!

brandithesuperm
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I've had to recieve assistance a few times in my life. I've been a single mom with 3 kids trying to make a living and needed help. I hated being on assistance because I knew people look down on it. So I don't judge anyone who honestly needs it.

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:54 PM

The scenerio you gave is my life. I was in a verbally abusive relationship. I was a SAHM for 9 years. I lost all my dignity and self esteem. I knew I needed to get out but I couldn't. After so long I believe the things he said to me. I found the courage (i got a big break) to find a job and 5 months later I had enough self esteem and courage to get out and I did. I now have been living in my own place for 1 month.

However I couldnt do it all on my own so I have had to go on PA. I get employment related daycare. My copay is $368 a month but they just paid over $100 for my daycare and I get $225 in food stamps for 3 people. Without that help I would still be living in the abusive relationship.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

Andevilica
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:58 PM

amen sister!!clapping

CafeMom Tickers
edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Quoting 6in5years:

Well the moms on here are the ones who post their business. If they are going to post their business people will pick their business apart. I post my business and it gets picked apart and I'm not a welfare mom!

No one is asking these welfare moms to tell their story..they do so on their own accord.

And the ones that deserve the bashing are the ones who post their story basically asking to be bashed. Seriously I'm sure you have seen the posts "OMG I GET WELFARE AND HAVE 3 KIDS AND ONE ON THE WAY..WHATCHA GOING OT DO ABOUT IT BITCHES?

Seriously i've seen them and i ignore the drama.

I have NEVER bashed a welfare mom though. I get accused of it because some can't seem to seperate themselves from pa. Like if i speak out aganist the way the system is run they take it as a personal insult. Not sure why. I am a nurse and people on here are always talking shit about the healthcare in this country,  i don't take that as a personal insult, not even on the post bashing nurses or the post bashing er's.

Unless of course she is a abuser of the system then i feel she deserves the beating, but i have not seen many of those moms here. If they are, i usually miss them i guess.

americanpeso
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:06 PM

You seriously just described my life, I've been a sahm for 2 1/2 years, and my abusive husband just threw me and the kids out, so we're living in a small 2 bedroom apartment with his parents and brother, who have been very supportive of us. I have to get assistance to do anything right now, because I am homeless and have absolutely no money to my name. And I think you made a wonderful point, and I thank you for telling the bashers to keep their bashing to themselves.

momma2-3boys
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Agreed 110% with you and every word!

Quoting edwardsgirl:

Well the moms on here are the ones who post their business. If they are going to post their business people will pick their business apart. I post my business and it gets picked apart and I'm not a welfare mom!

No one is asking these welfare moms to tell their story..they do so on their own accord.

And the ones that deserve the bashing are the ones who post their story basically asking to be bashed. Seriously I'm sure you have seen the posts "OMG I GET WELFARE AND HAVE 3 KIDS AND ONE ON THE WAY..WHATCHA GOING OT DO ABOUT IT BITCHES?

Seriously i've seen them and i ignore the drama.

I have NEVER bashed a welfare mom though. I get accused of it because some can't seem to seperate themselves from pa. Like if i speak out aganist the way the system is run they take it as a personal insult. Not sure why. I am a nurse and people on here are always talking shit about the healthcare in this country,  i don't take that as a personal insult, not even on the post bashing nurses or the post bashing er's.

Unless of course she is a abuser of the system then i feel she deserves the beating, but i have not seen many of those moms here. If they are, i usually miss them i guess.

confused-mom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 PM

that situation i described was mine 9 years ago. i had to get out of the situation because in the end it was effecting my daughter and i ended up on assistance, i couldn't find a steady job i was working throu temp service, i worked when i was needed which might have been 1 day a week or i wouldn't work for a week. and that is why these basher piss me off, i have been their, i know what it ifeel like to feel like their is no where to turn but then you get bashed because you are trying to do what is right for you family. but you get judged when no one really knows you situation, no one knows what you went throu. a lot of people say well you shouldn't have put yourself in that situation, i  didn't asked to get beat on, and i also feel that i no body should be made to feel like trash because they want to get out of it and sometimes the only way is throu PA.

in the end 9 years later, i am no longer on PA and my daughter doesn't even remember the days when it was hell just to wake up.

wake up everyone and think before you judge because one day that person you are bashing may end up being you and don't  say no it won't because you never know what you may do when you have no other choice

Quoting americanpeso:

You seriously just described my life, I've been a sahm for 2 1/2 years, and my abusive husband just threw me and the kids out, so we're living in a small 2 bedroom apartment with his parents and brother, who have been very supportive of us. I have to get assistance to do anything right now, because I am homeless and have absolutely no money to my name. And I think you made a wonderful point, and I thank you for telling the bashers to keep their bashing to themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)