Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda a vent about some parents...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 24 Replies

I work at a daycare and some parents really get on my nerves. The daycare I work at is VERY lenient with the parents. Now that isn't really the vent but the vent is some parents just drive me nuts. Why can't they just be on time? I mean some parents are 1 1/2 hours late!!! My goodness, if you are say you are going to be there at a certain time then be there or call on the phone that you are on when you are picking your child up. Anyways... enough venting and thanks for reading!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:45 PM

The daycare I used to work at only used to be lenient so many times. After you got talked to so many times, they started charging $2/minute. And some parents were still late. I'll never forget this lady with 3 kids was 20 minutes late(after closing time). Yeah, the bill was NOT pretty.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Im supprise they haven't called CPS or the Cops. Every daycare i have looked into if your late thats whathey do since you haven't contacted them to let them know what is going on. IF im supposed to pick up my kids at a certain time i will be there or call who ever and let them know im running a lil bit late. THats just wrong to leave your kid at day care like that.

one_on_the_way
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Yeah...I could see 15 min. here and there....but 1 and 1/2 hours late is inexcusable!  They should at the very least call.  That is taking advantage and being irresponsible - I mean, if someone was THAT late for anything w/out a call, I would worry that something happened to them!

I hope their kids don't realize what time they were supposed to get them...that would be sad to think they would worry and wonder where their parents are.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Parents kill me too. I used to work daycare, but now teach. It's just DIFFERENT irritations now a days. lol  

In daycare, I hated those parents who dropped their kid off from 6 AM to close, which was 6 PM. These being the parents who were OFF ALL DAY. I can understand having your kid go for a little bit if you are home, but Christ the whole 12 hour day? I had a dad come in talking about his nap, and the football game he watched. His DD was 10 months old. It was really pathetic to me.

schunmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I know they should call CPS but with some parents it it a regular thing so we kinda take the time they say they will be there and add however long they are normally late. I just wish the parents cared enough about their kids to actually be there when they say they will.

Treymama
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM

The daycare my son goes to, their policy is if you are going to be late, call and let them know and they will not charge you but the basic hourly charge or whatever, but if you are late and do not call to let them know, I think the charge is an extra 5 dollars for every 15 min. you are late.

schunmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Oh now don't get me started on parents that drop their kids off when we know they aren't working. We have a couple kids that the dad will pick up the older one but leave the younger one at daycare until mom gets off. Its CRAZY the kind of parents their are!

Quoting KairisMama:

Parents kill me too. I used to work daycare, but now teach. It's just DIFFERENT irritations now a days. lol  

In daycare, I hated those parents who dropped their kid off from 6 AM to close, which was 6 PM. These being the parents who were OFF ALL DAY. I can understand having your kid go for a little bit if you are home, but Christ the whole 12 hour day? I had a dad come in talking about his nap, and the football game he watched. His DD was 10 months old. It was really pathetic to me.

Treymama
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Ya I was gona say, I work 6am-6pm. so why can't I take my child to daycare while im at work. But I can totally understand them just chillin at home. That's a bunch of crap. my so does pick him up from daycare when he gets off work, so he is never there the full 12 hours and that is only 2 days during the week. I just can't stand the thought of him being at daycare a full 12 hours out of the day. That's a long time. He would probly start to think that was his new home. lol

Quoting KairisMama:

Treymama
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:55 PM

lol. At the daycare we go to, we have to give them a schedule a month in advance, and we have to pay for the days on the schedule wheather we take them that day or not. So I don't always know my schedule a month in advance so sometimes have to guess on the days. So if it happens to be a day I don't have to work, but he is scheduled to go to daycare, I take him because I have already paid for it.

Quoting schunmom:

Oh now don't get me started on parents that drop their kids off when we know they aren't working. We have a couple kids that the dad will pick up the older one but leave the younger one at daycare until mom gets off. Its CRAZY the kind of parents their are!

Quoting KairisMama:

LadyBugTLD
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:55 PM

The daycare my daughter goes to (military CDC) has reasonable and not so strict policy. Hours of operation are 6 AM to 6 PM. You can drop off/pick up your child Any time within that timeframe, but once 6 PM hits and you are not there to claim your child yet, you will be charged extra for Every minute you are late. If after 15 minutes (and all they have to do is look at the clock and wait for 6:15) you are still not there and you are unreachable, the MP's get called Immediately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)