Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you girls think???

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: would it be bennificial?

Options:

yes for all of you

no for all of you

yes but just for the kids

yes but just for the parents

other.....please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

so me and my fiance are currently working on getting his two older children out of fostercare and into our custody, we just found out we are getting custody of them but it wasn't gonna be for a few weeks (yay we are so excited, but not the issue at hand)

do you girls think that without me explaining everything that happend, that it would be benificial to sign us up for family theripy and a few other programs the councelors office has, to help the kids transistion better? 

here is some more background, they were in foster care before me and scott got together (due to his ex neglecting them) they went back home with her (scott couldn't afford a bigger apartment for them before) got taken away again, and now are comming home to us, me and scott have been together for a little over a year, and their mother is already trying to pull shit over on us (like telling the kids they'll never see her etc again if they don't come home to her) and to help get all the family issues, diciplin, what works for each kid, etc all organized and out in the air. and just so we have a support system in place b/c it's gonna be a ROCKY road.  

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
stormielei
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM

anyone else? please bump after you vote thanks!

possummom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:40 PM

family counseling is a wonderful idea. but counseling for just the kids is a good idea too. i hope the transition goes smoothly for all. good for you and your SO for finally getting custody of the kids!! and it is wonderful that you are thinking of making things easier for the kids.

6in5years
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I think that counseling for the kids would be my top priority.  I think it would also be beneficial to do family counseling.

stormielei
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM

they are already in counceling, and we have to keep them in counceling, but i thought it would be a good idea to do family counceling for EVERYONE, it's gonna be a big change for all of us including me, going from one kid who is 18 months old to 3 kids (the two older are 9 and 8)

Quoting possummom:

family counseling is a wonderful idea. but counseling for just the kids is a good idea too. i hope the transition goes smoothly for all. good for you and your SO for finally getting custody of the kids!! and it is wonderful that you are thinking of making things easier for the kids.

kathreensmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 PM

I voted yes for all because I think the kids need to talk to someone not trying to get them and they need to know that daddy and you are not going to be asses and that you guys love them.

Mommy to Bootoddler girlin love wifey to Drew

wedding websites

B4lm77
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:47 PM
I say good luck to you both!! but you have to stop all the adult talking with the kids that mother should not say anything bad to them kids if she has something to say then say it to you or your bf not to the kids that is the worst thing ever!! I think you all will do just fine and will live a happy life!family therapy is the way to help all you deal with the change!! and just make them feel love !!!

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Definitely get counseling for all of you.  The kids will need to know you're offering them a supportive environment and if you're in counseling together, that will help. 

Not only with they have to adjust to being in a stable home, they'll have to deal with their mother and living with a baby.  It's a lot to adjust to, especially all at one time for all parties involved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)