Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you do it?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

Well, since DH and I are ttc now I've been thinking about how we are going to tell our families when we get our bfp. How did you do it? I'm hoping I can get some super creative ideas!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
possummom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:24 PM

well we told our family we were having twins...by getting both sides together and giving the gma's cards. they were told to open them at the same time. inside the card was the ultrasounds announcing the twins. have some with it and be creative. there are just so many things you can do. good luck mama. hope you get a bun in the oven soon!!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Quoting possummom:

well we told our family we were having twins...by getting both sides together and giving the gma's cards. they were told to open them at the same time. inside the card was the ultrasounds announcing the twins. have some with it and be creative. there are just so many things you can do. good luck mama. hope you get a bun in the oven soon!!

I was thinking about doing something similar to that! Thanks, I'm hoping within the next couple months!

masesmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM

OHHH  we got pregnant on Halloween night, found out Thanksgiving day, and kept it a secret till X-mas.   For my family we had our 3 year old son say "Im going to be a big brother" during dinner.  And then for my DH's family  I wrote a really cute "card" from the baby and let them figure it out.  It was SO COOL! and the whole family loved the idea.  GOODLUCK!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Quoting masesmom:

OHHH  we got pregnant on Halloween night, found out Thanksgiving day, and kept it a secret till X-mas.   For my family we had our 3 year old son say "Im going to be a big brother" during dinner.  And then for my DH's family  I wrote a really cute "card" from the baby and let them figure it out.  It was SO COOL! and the whole family loved the idea.  GOODLUCK!

Awesome!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Bump

travsmom931
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Bump...I'd like to know too.  All the immediate family already knows, but we're having a big family gathering the end of the month so I'd like to do something creative then.

How soon are you going to tell everyone??  I'm going to wait until I see the heartbeats...I think!  BTW, I'm REALLY early...4wks 2 days. 

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Quoting travsmom931:

Bump...I'd like to know too.  All the immediate family already knows, but we're having a big family gathering the end of the month so I'd like to do something creative then.

How soon are you going to tell everyone??  I'm going to wait until I see the heartbeats...I think!  BTW, I'm REALLY early...4wks 2 days. 

I'm not sure how long we'll wait. We didn't wait more than 12 hours with DD because she wasn't planned and we were both scared shitless lol. With DS we planned a family dinner and told everyone then. It was early with him too and then a couple weeks later I started bleeding and we thought I might miscarry. I didn't. This time I think I'll wait until after the first appt. at least.

meggs8609
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I told my parents on mother's day with a card addressed to Oma (German for Grandma) and it was a card for a grandmother. And I told her about two weeks after I found out b/c dd wasn't planned and I was freeking out.

TheFoo
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM

My family all got phone calls LOL..not to creative but my Fam is in Az and Im in Mn. Anyway I waited to tell at 12 weeks.

CafeMom Tickers

rennez
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Well, to tell my husband, I bought a shirt that said "I'm the big brother" and put it on our furbaby, Yogi. 

I printed out that picture, and handed it to my parents and said "Check this out!"  Totally unsuspecting, they stared at it and my mom just looked at me and screamed!  They were thrilled. 

When we found out we were having twins, I was so sick with morning sickness, I called them from the docs office right after the ultrasound, and just told them flat out.  My mom, for the first time in her life, was speechless!  It was awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)