Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stimulus Money *please no bashing!*

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:21 PM
  • 13 Replies
A couple of weeks ago my case worker at DHS (welfare) told me that everyone that is unemployed or only works a very low amount of hours is entitled to stimulus money from Obama. You are to get $150 towards clothes (interview or working clothes). Here in Flint, Michigan we are to go to Human Investment & Development and go thur a orientation and then they give out the vouchers. I got mine today. It was $150 to go to Kmart and Dots. It was so nice to have some money to go and buy me some clothes. All my money goes towards my sons clothes and I get left with my same old clothes. So if you get any assistance ask your case worker about it and where you can go. I dont know it's all over or just here in Michigan.
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Wow that's really interesting!

dreamerinluv
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Sucks im not on welfare  =( 

~~ If I had Skittles in my mouth.......would you come and taste the rainbow ?~~

wells75904
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Dang I am going to have to go check on that....do you have to be looking for a job or what? I am unemployed but I intend on staying that way

I own and admin in several groups, see one that interests you? JOIN US!!!

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms
May 2005 Children- Come and join us if you have a child born in May of 2005, share the joys, the fears, the challenges of raising 4 year olds! http://www.cafemom.com/group/may2005children
About Frugal Moms Buy, Sell, and Trade Connection-Buy and sell with great prices!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugalmomsbuyandsell

Lisse_2006
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Quoting wells75904:

Dang I am going to have to go check on that....do you have to be looking for a job or what? I am unemployed but I intend on staying that way

You have to be looking for better work.
aubrees_mommie
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM

About 2 years ago out jafs gave out $100 gift cards for shopping at wal-mart but I guess that was a one time thing (it was for kids only)

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:31 PM

What's the most hours that you can work to get that?  My ds gets medicaid and daycare assistance but I don't even qualify for FS so I prolly wouldn't qualify for that either.

Quoting Lisse_2006:

Quoting wells75904:

You have to be looking for better work.

Mommy2LPK
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM

there's also something going on where they will give you $100 towards your heating bill. You don't have to be on welfare, its just for anyone who wants to learn how to better heat their home during the winter seasons. You go to a "class" they give you all the stuff you need to "seal proff" your home for the winter and you get $100 off your heating bill.  

in love toddler boy toddler girl baby girl

HybridMom27
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:33 PM

It depends on the state.  States with high unemployment (over the national average) were given extra stimulus money with specifics for what it could go for.  So if you're not in MI, it's still worth asking if you're on unemployment.

lauraluann
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I have seen a lot of moms on here upset, because they don't have the money for school cloths. They should do something like this so that parents can get their kids some school cloths.

stormielei
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM

where is that?

Quoting Mommy2LPK:

there's also something going on where they will give you $100 towards your heating bill. You don't have to be on welfare, its just for anyone who wants to learn how to better heat their home during the winter seasons. You go to a "class" they give you all the stuff you need to "seal proff" your home for the winter and you get $100 off your heating bill.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)