Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a little concerned

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

OK, so my 15month old son has started hitting his head on things..on purpose especially when he get upset or angry. Is this normal or should I talk to his doctor about it? he has slowly started to do it when he is playing to.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
party_of_5
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I think it's normal. He young & can't express his frustration.

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM

It's normal!! My son did the same thing! Apparently they like the rythym of it........I dunno. As long as he's not doing it so hard to hurt himself, it's fine. If he does it out of frustration, like he wants a toy and you won't give it to him, just ignore it. I would tell his doctor, just to let them know.

ConnorsMom12406

My son does it when he is mad sometimes. He will hit it lightly then whine just to get attention. We laugh at him for being silly.

Dragons_pixie

he hits himself pretty hard sometimes

sweetktn
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM

When my son was about 1 1/2 he started pinching himself and hitting himself in the head. Usually it was when he was angry or upset about something because he couldn't hit me. I put a stop to that quick. Now he hits me all the time so I have to start over. So it can be normal if he's really frustrated but keep an eye on him see what sets him off. Also if he starts doing it repeatedly over and over and over right in a row bring him in and have him checked for autism, i know that can be one of the signs. Just remember there are different degrees of autism some are mild and you may only see a couple signs and some are severe where you would notice a lot.

Lilypie
Cherish77
by Cherish on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:33 PM

It's normal, my son does it too.

Dragons_pixie
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 10:40 PM

my step son, which would be his half brother has ausbergers which is high functioning autism. so does that mean I should be even more worried about this?

AmelieH
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 10:42 PM

LOL.  my ten month old has been doing that for a couple of months.  I think he knocked a couple of screws loose at one point...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)