Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

urgent help please

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

my dd has a splinter in her heal on the bottom of her foot.  it's too small to pull out it's just below the skin. she says it's very painful and she can't walk on it.  anything that i can use around the house

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mommy2LPK
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM

tape.  

in love toddler boy toddler girl baby girl

Fioismommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM

soak it in some warm water:)

Feel better soon sweetie

My addiction to air is sure to kill me one day

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:31 PM

white glue is suppose to help get them out. Or a needle dipped in alcohol, just don't let her see the needle! Maybe a credit card, like for a bee sting??

Beth336
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:31 PM

a credit card...get behind the spinter apply pressure and push it out the same hole it went in. same with bee stings we were taught this is medical assisting school

all else fails do it while shes sleeping

lak394
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM

lak394  Yes you can use tape, duck tape . This will pull it up and you should be able to get it out

BreannazMomma
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I had a splinter up under my fingernail once....oh it hurt so bad. I soaked in it warm water....it took alittle while, but mine was far up there....but it certainly did work! oh i hope the poor little thing feels better soon!

ILovetheOutdoor
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:36 PM

oh thank you. I will try that. she just got out of the tub. needles i don't have one handy but oh yes i do. anyhow she's not afraid of them.  I will try the tape and card thing.  Thanks again ladies

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Quoting ILovetheOutdoor:

oh thank you. I will try that. she just got out of the tub. needles i don't have one handy but oh yes i do. anyhow she's not afraid of them.  I will try the tape and card thing.  Thanks again ladies

if you are going to use a needle make sure you sterilize it first.

ILovetheOutdoor
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM

the glue and the card worked   i couldn't find tape.  dd says she can walk again   she's really really happy thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)