Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Harrisburg anyone?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do any of you ladies live near Harrisburg, PA?  DH has applied to a job in New Cumberland and if he gets it, we will need to relocate... can you tell me about the surrounding areas?  Which are safe and which school districts are good?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 PM

bump

iluvmylilmen
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I'm in CA...but good luck and bump!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Quoting MommySwiggles:

bump

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM

bump

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I live about 2 hours east of Harrisburg in Bucks County.  I know Reading isn't a very good area (at least the downtown area).  I'm not sure how far apart they are but Elizabethtown is nice.  I know parts of Hershey are nice (and Hershey Park is there).  There are a lot of small, rural areas out that way.  Compared to where I live, housing is very cheap out that way. 

Good luck!

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM

I am actually about a hour and a half north of bucks county right now... my sister lives in Hamburg.  I know Reading isn't that great but Hershey is beautiful.. a little pricey but i think its a little too far from where this job is, if he gets it =)

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I live about 2 hours east of Harrisburg in Bucks County.  I know Reading isn't a very good area (at least the downtown area).  I'm not sure how far apart they are but Elizabethtown is nice.  I know parts of Hershey are nice (and Hershey Park is there).  There are a lot of small, rural areas out that way.  Compared to where I live, housing is very cheap out that way. 

Good luck!

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM

bump

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)