Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tonight was meet the teacher night at school..and my god i'm not going to like the shcool drop off pick up thing..nope.

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:45 PM
  • 22 Replies

and let me tell you i felt completely out of place there.

I work A LOT and am not one who does a lot of the school stuff. I'm a nurse so anyone who knows the shifts nurses pull...you'll know what i'm talking about.

ANYWAY

I am cutting back on my hours at work, and am considering a more family friendly schedule, but i went to meet the teacher night and my lord you really can tell who the chatty stuck up self centered bitch parents are!! ( i say parents because even the dads were doing it.)

I live in a small suburb of town. So the school isn't that big and everyone must know my daughter as the ungodly daycare bus rider. We sat alone, it didn't start till 4 and i thought it said 330, which annoyed my kid, even more reason to sit out front..i mean seriously dear child do not talk to me that way. I am still your mother, Well people, once they started showing up,  were just staring us up and down. I am sure they were thinking Oh my god! Her mother actually cares!

It felt really weird..so much so  i had this feeling welting up in my stomach to stick my tounge out and say WHAT?!? But i resisted. I mean after all i was surronded by a bunch of kids! What kind of example would i be setting otherwise!

Does anyone else feel this way at their kid's school? Can you tell who the stuck up moms are? The backstabber moms? I swear  looking around..it feels like this is going to be like high school ALL over again! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I already have a internal bet that i know who the PTO moms are!  (not bashing pto moms, i just heard that the pto moms at this school are horrible, it even has a comment or two about it on greatschools.com. So they must be pretty bad.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOMby19
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:09 PM

my kids aren't in school yet, but i can imagine when the time comes around it'll be just like you described. i'll only be 24 (23 if i can swing early enrollment) when ds starts kindergarten. and i'll be 25 when dd goes. i can just see all the glares and eye rolls now... 

I am PROUD:
the proud mommy to Anthony Marcus (9/19/07) and Ashley Ryan (8/1/09)
the proud fiance to Collin Spencer
the proud housekeeper of a 2 bedroom tri-plex

I am Tamara Marie and I'm proud of my life!

6in5years
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM

You should really really go look at my page !  Your post almost made me choke I started laughing so hard !

LauraKW
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Um, I think we have a way of making things seem much worse to ourselves than other people actually see them.

elvir2babes
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM

bump 

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

CalimamaOf4
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I feel out of place at my kids school because I am a younger mom. I am 24 and a lot of the moms are into the late 30's and even 40's maybe. It was worse last year, but school just started and my good friend and I both have kids in Kindergarten. So at least I have my friend there with me :)

BreannazMomma
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM

haha! well i know exactly what you're talking about. I work at the school my daughter will be attending so I'm not going to "meet the teacher night" it is on my daughter's birthday and I  worked with her last year.  And I won't be able to go to anything during the school day because I will be working during it all.  But I don't care what other moms think of me.  You shouldn't either.  :0) 

leejoy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I know what you mean.....Im a "younger mom" I was 25 when dd went in to K and I look younger so, the moms that weren't to stuck up to say hello to, I got the wow I could be your mom from constantly......one more reason I love homeschooling now!!

Select and Copy your Ticker Code bellow.                                

Fit_Momma_Of_2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:38 PM

My sons only in pre-K, but I have had moments like yours. Especially since I'm 21 with 2 kids, I would only get stares lol 

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM

I felt so out of place at my kids last school. Then we moved and their new schools are so warm and friendly. I actually enjoy doing things and talking to my kids teachers. I love going to their PTO meetings and plays, etc. It's so much fun now that someone acted like they gave a damn. I'm sorry your feeling this way.  

29again
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I absolutely understand how you feel!!!!!  In my town, the elems (K-3) are kinda spread out thru the town,  from 4 on, it's all together (4&5 in 1 building, 6 - 8 in one, and 9 - 12 in one)  At the elems,  I got that exact same feeling, every time I walked in the building.  Yes, you can usually tell who the snobby ones are,  but alot of times, you can't tell who the backstabbers are till it's too late!!! Hang in there, it does get better.........just do what you can when you can the best you can.  And don't bother with the ones who don't get your life!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)