Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For any mom that has ever had there child in the hospital....

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:49 PM
  • 28 Replies

have you ever wanted to just start pounding on the doctors? They are making me crazy! How I haven't gotten there yet is beyond me, but they make no sense sometimes. My son is more stable then he has ever been and he was suppose to go down stairs to get his Mic-Key button put in. It's a feeding tube. He already has one but this is a different kind and much nicer. We have been waiting on this forever and they can finally do it, but they don't want to take him down BECAUSE he is so stable and they don't want to mess that up. WHAT?! We have taken him down when he was doing horrible for stupid crap and you don't want to take him down now? That makes no sense. He loves taking his field trips. That's the only time he gets out of the room so he isn't going to have a problem with it, I tried to tell them. Oh well we're going to discuss it, they told me. You would think they were taking him out of the country or something the way their acting. AAAHHHHHHHHHH! Has anyone else came across crap like this that made no sense what so ever?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
6in5years
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Yes.  When my oldest was two months old he had a brain aneurysm caused by vein to vein malformation in his brain.  He was in a coma for 8 days.  The doctors only came to the PICU once a day between 11-12.  I would have to hound them for answers.  It was very frustrating.  I am sorry that you are going through this.  Stay strong.

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM

That actually makes sense to me. I'm a Rn though so maybe that is why.

They are afraid of him crashing. I am sure they plan to do it, they just want to be sure he will not crash. I know as a mother you know your child, but they as doctors do have your child's best interest at heart. neonatologists know what they are doing, and I'm sure he has a whole team of doctors, and normally they ALL are made aware of a situation before the situation happens.  I know it can be frustrating, especially with how long you have been there. Preemie's are so delicate though, which i am sure you are aware of.

Deep breaths momma!!!!!

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM

no i havent.. ( thank god) But im sure you are getting frustrated.. Hope they decide to do it soon..

JaylensMommy807
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I remember one time I had to take my dd to the er they had us waiting for three hours and as I signed the papers to get her out of there to take her to another er they fianlly wanted to come and "help"  i told them - screw you im taking her to another hosp where she can be seen within a reasonable amount of time!

Im sorry that you are going through this - sometimes the best way to get peoples attention is to continuously remind them!!  Pretty much annoy them.  I hope he gets better and they actually listen to you!  Good luck.

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Quoting 6in5years:

Yes.  When my oldest was two months old he had a brain aneurysm caused by vein to vein malformation in his brain.  He was in a coma for 8 days.  The doctors only came to the PICU once a day between 11-12.  I would have to hound them for answers.  It was very frustrating.  I am sorry that you are going through this.  Stay strong.

Most doctors do not have the best patient bedside manner. They are trained to diagnose and treat. Its hard for a doctor to empathaize and talk with a patients family when they really aren't trained well to do the later part. I as a nurse get complaints on this all the time, and i will tell a doctor when they are being assholes. Most veteran nurses will put a doctor in their place when they feel its warranted.

I'm sorry you had such a doctor. Did you explain your frustrations with your nurse?

B4lm77
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM
I don't know anything about this but good luck and your in my prayers and make them listen to you!!
stephanie39466
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Just hang in there mommy. Things will get better. Just talk to them and tell them how you feel. 

in loveteen boytoddler boytoddler girl

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Quoting JaylensMommy807:

I remember one time I had to take my dd to the er they had us waiting for three hours and as I signed the papers to get her out of there to take her to another er they fianlly wanted to come and "help"  i told them - screw you im taking her to another hosp where she can be seen within a reasonable amount of time!

Im sorry that you are going through this - sometimes the best way to get peoples attention is to continuously remind them!!  Pretty much annoy them.  I hope he gets better and they actually listen to you!  Good luck.

ok this i do not agree with as i'm sure your wait in the ER was justified.  What were you being seen for by chance?

ER's are tricky..if you have people more severe then you of course you will have to wait.

Er doctors and nurses don't sit back there and get their kicks off making people wait..usually you have ambulances, and more serious walk in cases. If they triaged you, and triaged you as non priority then that is what happens, sucks but its how ER's work.

Korkor
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:59 PM

They let my daughter go almost 3 full days with no food or drink.. (When she was already in for FTT)  before they decided to do something.. I kept pushing and pushing.. Well, it was 3pm and I hadn't eaten that day and they said they had to talk to the DR. and it would be about an hour before they did anything so I ran down and got my food and brought it up and she ALREADY had the NG in.. She was sitting there mad and scared and shaking.  She needed her mommy and I wasn't there for her.. Made me mad!  Glad to hear he is doing better.. I hear the Mic-Key buttons are nice.. a lot easier to use and keep clean around the site.. Good Luck we are praying!

Come on over and join my new group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/wishuponamom
XallieXkissesX
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Oh god yes! I had the damn nurse that kept shoving a straw down my thorough while i was pushing trying to get me to drink water. I was very polite when i told her to get the fucking straw out of my face.... lol i later apologized

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)