Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son is complaining-any ideas??

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

first off let me say that I am planning to make an appointment with my sons pediatrician. I have a 5 year old son, 6 in November. He has been complaining about his underwear sticking to his penis for a little while now. At first I blew it off, thought it could be that he didn't "shake" it good enough after urinating.  Today he says that when he pees it burns, even after he pees it still burned, but it doesn't burn anymore. So now I am wondering if there should be a concern. Any of you ladies with boys or experience with boys have had this problem with their little men? any thoughts are welcome  :) thanks in advacnce.

-Amber

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AJSMOM722
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM

nope, havent had that problem with my son...maybe he has a yeast or bladder infection...those both will cause burning...good luck! hope you get to see his pedi soon

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Bladder infection or UTI maybe? I would push LOTS of fluids especially cranberry juice or beter yet 100% Cherry Juice if you can find it. I would call the nurse @ the dr's office and ask her for anymore suggestions on giving your guy some relief until the appointment.

BTW the problem when kids have a bladder infection or UTI is that they hold it because they know it's going to hurt when they go, but by holding they make it worse & use more pressure when urinating so it hurts even more. Encourage your DS you "go" often.

edwardsgirl
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM

boys can and do get UTI's.
I would get him in to have it checked.

When he was born did he by chance have enlarged /dilated kidneys? Was it ever seen on your u/s? Boys are more likely to get this then girls, and boys with this are more likely to get infections and blockages.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 13, 2009 at 11:47 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions
To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)