Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take a look at my carseat. What do you think?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

The Titan Elite, now Side Impact Tested to International Standards, combines both Safety & Comfort. With a new 50 lb weight limit, the Titan Elite accommodates children from birth to 5 yrs.; 40% longer-than other convertible seats. The Titan Elite offers extreme comfort with the adjustable recline, combined cupholder/activity attachment, removable head & body pillowa. With a chest clip, multiple harness positions, front adjuster, and 2 position buckle .

5 - 35 lbs. Rear Facing; 20 - 50 lbs. Forward Facing

Is this a good one that will last? My son is extra small( almost 1 and only 16 pounds) so I was thinking he will RF untill atleast 18 months and be able to FF in the harness untill he is 4 or 5... maybe even 6.

(I already have this seat, just wanted some opinions on it)

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mammanoel
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I just bought the Graco Myride.  And love it!  But my baby is bigger....not even 6 months and over 20 pounds.  The seat you picked out looks decent.

ZachNHannahsMom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Personally I would invest in one that harnesses to 65. Just curious, why do you say RF at least until 18 mths? He can RF until he is 35 lbs. 

hannah.png zachary.png                beautiful-girl-handsome-boy.png

vahrohd
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM
I know this is a side note, but was your DS a preemie? My DD is almost 1yr 1month and I just weighed her yesterday and she was 17 pounds 13 oz. She was born two months early and I keep fretting about how small she is for her age. Was just wondering if your son was in that same boat. The car seat looks great to me...
wells75904
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Do those cup holders come off? Just wonderin cause when I bought my kids 1st convertable it had cup holders like that and I loved it....but when I had my 2 other kids I had to buy another carseat cause they wouldnt all fit in the backseat with those cupholders on the side

I own and admin in several groups, see one that interests you? JOIN US!!!

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms
May 2005 Children- Come and join us if you have a child born in May of 2005, share the joys, the fears, the challenges of raising 4 year olds! http://www.cafemom.com/group/may2005children
About Frugal Moms Buy, Sell, and Trade Connection-Buy and sell with great prices!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugalmomsbuyandsell

jerlyn13
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM

popcorn

simplysmiles13
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Good seat. I would have gotten one that Has the 5 point harness for longer, JMO. Still looks like a good seat.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I have it for my son but a different color...I love it but if your baby is tall you wont be able to RF long.  He is 21 months and is FF and here is a pic as to why...

OwensMama824
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM

He was a couple weeks early but healthy, 6 lbs 6oz 18.75 in long. His dad and I are very short, I'm 4'11 dad is 5'2, and he is just a skinny baby(he eats like a pig but looks starved)

Quoting vahrohd:

I know this is a side note, but was your DS a preemie? My DD is almost 1yr 1month and I just weighed her yesterday and she was 17 pounds 13 oz. She was born two months early and I keep fretting about how small she is for her age. Was just wondering if your son was in that same boat. The car seat looks great to me...

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Josslynsmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I have this same carseat!! My daughter is very tiny too.  When she was a year old she weighed 12lbs. Now she will be 2 in a month and weighs 21lbs and is 31inches long.

I plan on keeping her rear facing until she's 35lbs..car seat crash tests show that rear facing is the most safe. I really do like this car seat. It's light weight and easy to install. We've had it for a  year now and haven't had any problems with it.

My name is Lindsey. I am a young single mother, teacher, advocate, best friend, support system, and everything else under the sun to my strong little girl, Josslyn Kate, diagnosed with a very rare auto immune disease, Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome. She is my life and what I live for every second of every day.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/josslynfrost

butterflyblu
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:00 AM

That is a good seat and why do you say he will only rear-face to 18 months?  He can rear-face to 35 lbs.  My son was bigger than yours at that age (about 23 lbs at 1 year) and he's still rear-facing at 20 months and weighs about 29 lbs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)