Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower game HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm giving my friend a baby shower @ church and I need a idea for a game does ne one have any ideas???? Please help. Thank you!!! And she's having a.................................its a girl

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BridgetSG
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM

We have always played the "baby" game.  Everyone gets a clothespin or pacifiers tied to a ribbon to put around their neck, If someone says baby, you take their clothepin or pacifier.  Who ever has the most wins a prize. (Frame, Candle, etc.)

And we like the Pink or Blue,in your case pink yarn game.  Some one walks around wiht the yarn and everyone cuts a piece that would fit around mom's belly. Then mom cuts her piece.  Who ever is teh closest wins a prize.  This one is funny because everyone always cuts it too long, it would go around teh mom twice!

Another is some Baby version of Mad Lib.  Short and swwet not to take up much time.  Everyone reads outloud.  Mom picks the best.  Good for a small shower. 

I also played a game involving candy once.  It was FUNNY! There was all kinds of candy laid out and you had to figure out which candy with wiht what sentance that was given to you.  There were about 20 candies.  ie... Dear baby has a messy diaper... Milk Duds.  We have been wathing too much Baby Einstien.... Smarties  I have such a happy giggling baby.... Laffy Taffy.  I cant remember them all, but it was soooo fun.  The candy was all laid out on a tray and we got a typed out cute page with these sentance and a fill in the blank.  The winner got all teh candy.

I am going to try to remember some more... as I remember I will add to this post... Ladies feel free to add any you can make up.... I really liked this game and now I want candy...LOL

My baby just loves her squishy teddy... Gummy Bears

My baby can now turn over! ... Rolo's

We are gonna win big in that Beautiful Baby Contest.... 100 Grand (think thats what it was, or is it 500 grand)

I know there was Hershey Bars, Now and Laters, Mike & Ike (something about twins for this one) Red Hots (something about diaper rash).  Some were very hard, I remember teh easy ones....

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM

At my cousin's shower we played baby in an ice cube...she got little baby like cake decorations and froze them in ice cubs and whoever got the baby out first won, it was fun......you put the cubes in plastic ziplocs so you don't get water everywhere

One shower we played the baby poop game...it was fun, but pretty gross (except for me cuz I've been a vet tech for 5yrs so not much grosses me out anymore....well pregger nose + toddler diapers did...LOL) You put different types of baby food in a diaper and people have to taste it with a tooth pick and guess what type of food it is........

Korkor
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:56 PM

If the father is also invited .. blind fold them both and hand them 2 dressed dolls.. have them undress, change their diapers, and redress the babies.. First one done is the winner..

Melt about 8 candy bars on diapers and everyone has to write down their guess as to what candy bars were used.. (label the diapers 1-8)

a-z first person to come up with items that would normally go in a diaper bag using all the letters of the alphabet wins..

a- A&D ointment

B- bottle

c- clothes

d- diaper

e-extra hat

f- friends addresses

and so on...............

baby food game.. buy 6 jars of baby food and label them 1-6 and everyone has to guess what they are just by looking..

scrap book pages.. All the guests make a premade page that the new mommy can add pics to The mommy picks her favorite to be the winner and she keeps all the pages! THIS ONE WENT OVER GREAT!!!!

Come on over and join my new group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/wishuponamom
Mamamanic
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Most the games I have done. Except the ice cube one.

At a mommy group I was a part of we did a relay race thing. You had to put those maternity underwear on, the maternity pants, a shirt and fill a bottle with water that was in the diaper bag. Carry all those to the next person who had to wait until you had everything off.

Also an memory game. Show a table with baby items. Clippers, brush, powder, nasal asperator. Show table for 2 min and then cover it. Who remembers the most items winns.

Baby food game. Place baby food on plates and have people guess what it is. It is hard also.

wintersmommy06
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I played the diaper and candy bat game at mine. I also played a game where everyone gets a piece of paper then you have to hold the paper behind your back and without looking tear out the shape of a baby, or person. it was fun and hard.. haha

latinbeautylina
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:38 AM

u COULD ALSO PLAY BABY BINGO LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET THERE ARE ALOT OF BABY SHOWER GAMES

MissAndrea125
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Get a bunch of different candy bars, melt them (separately of course) and smear each one  in a diaper.... everyone passes them around and smells them and looks in them to guess what the candy bar is. Its just funny b/c it looks like everyone is smelling poopy diapers.  

jothra
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Let's see, I've seen one where you tie a string around your waist with a pencil at the end. Hang the pencil off your back and everyone has to help you guide the pencil down into a baby bottle. Good laugh! Um, guessing game for what would be in a diaper bag for a new mom, then give the mom the supplies. If it's a group where everyone knows each other, give each other silly baby names like poopy pants and spit and drool, then when someone catches the other person calling each other by their real names, they lose a token. Whoever has the most tokens at the end of the day, wins.

VictinaG
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:45 AM
google " right-left baby shower game" it's so fun!!!

Don't Forget to Smile!!

ProudMom7609
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I threw my BFF her babyshower and we played Baby Price is Right. Just get like 10 baby items and number them...tally the totals and keep the total handy. Make sure everyone has a peice of paper and pen and have them guess how much each item costs-whoever is the closest-wins!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)