Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh What Would YOU do?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do

Options:

Go Anyway! It is FREE

Stay HOME, Girl! So not worth it!

Other. PLEASE EXPLAIN

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

I have a chance to go to the beach (for free) for a week starting this coming Sunday. Sounds great, huh? But there is a catch. The trip is with my grandparents (and mom). Still might not sound that bad to some but let me explain more. My grandparents are hard core southern baptists. The bible thumping hypocrit kind. For example, when I got pregnant (outta wedlock) my grandmother annouced that my son would be better off dead than being born to an unwed mother. In all actuailty, my son did die and when he did she showed next to no emotion after the 1st day. Didn't ask how I was or anything after the first DAY. Pretty screwed up. So, needless to say, we don't get along well. At all. Everything I do is wrong. I am just not sure that a free week at the beach is worth the emotional damage that she can do this close to my son's angelversary. But, my mom REALLY wants me to go and keeps reminding me it might be the last trip I get with them. Yada Yada. So I asked my friends for advice and I keep getting mixed answers. So I am coming here. What would YOU do? Would you go and risk it? I mean it is a FREE trip to the beach and my mom has practically begged me to go. Or would you decide the risk of emotional damage was too high and stay home?

sids ribbonSupporting Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness in Memory of My Son, Jaxon Elijah. Stillborn September 5th,2008. Forever loved and missed!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosebeliever
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Can't you always l;eave if needed?

Maybe this will be the way to open some eyes hun!

momma2-3boys
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Can you go to the beach for a couple of days?Just enough to satisfy your mom and just enough for you to stay sane. 

You are the only one that can decide.  Trust your gut and instinct!

Jaxonsmom19
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Nope. Once I am there, I am stuck. Not taking my car (part of the free part of the trip is I would ride down with my mom. I can use her car to go short distances while we are there. But couldn't come home.)

Quoting Rosebeliever:

Can't you always l;eave if needed?

Maybe this will be the way to open some eyes hun!

sids ribbonSupporting Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness in Memory of My Son, Jaxon Elijah. Stillborn September 5th,2008. Forever loved and missed!

First_One_8_18
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM

No way no how. The things they said and did can't be taken back. Why should you be there for them and be fake happy for them when they couldn't even show you an ounce of respect when you needed it most.

I am so sorry about your son!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Tracy67
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM

I had a similar opportunity with my grandparents. I went and took my walkman (long ago obviously) and spent all my time on the beach and by the pool. I got a great tan and avoided everyone who annoyed me.Think about going, you might enjoy yourself.

x_sabine_x
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Quoting First_One_8_18:

No way no how. The things they said and did can't be taken back. Why should you be there for them and be fake happy for them when they couldn't even show you an ounce of respect when you needed it most.

I am so sorry about your son!

SylviaNCali
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:44 PM

No you shouldn't go. It would just allow your grandma to feel she can treat you  like dirt again and again. Your mother should understand why you don't want to go. And even if it was the last trip. Your grandma should be the one apologizing for all the bad she did to you.

begamom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:45 PM

No, I wouldn't go. No trip at the beach is worth the pain they caused you. (sorry for you loss btw)

Angee3Monkeys
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I wouldn't go. But, that is only me. My fiancee's, Auntie who was reborn bible person or whatever told my fiancee' that it was bad that me and him were having our first child out of wedlock. And that was 4 years ago. We still aren't married because we felt we needed to get married over love not because we had a Kid together. My Grandmother my Mom's, Mom. Kicked her in the stomach when she found out my Mom was pregnant with my older brother Walter who is now 28.  

Sparkle2000
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:49 PM

OMG I am so sorry for you! I would deffinitly NOT go! I would seriously NEVER speak to them again with what they said/did to you! That is horrible. I am so sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)