Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She gave them coffee, and soda...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM
  • 36 Replies

Okay, so I show up to pick up my kids from daycare and she tells me, "Gracie and Aiden kept looking at my coffee so I let them have a bit..."

This one made my head spin... you gave them coffee? She explains, "Well, Gracie had most of it... I was done and I didn't want to waste it. Aiden just had a dot and he didn't want it."

I'm sorry - but I don't really want my 3 year olds drinking coffee.

Aiden then adds, "I had soda, too!!!"
Daycare provider says: "OH, yeah... I let all the kids share a can of soda."

Ok, I'm not anti-soda. I don't drink it, so I don't buy it and the kids don't have soda at home.. but a can split between 6 kids? No problem... that was when I was assuming that she had gotten cups and poured it all into individual cups for the kids. But no - she tells me "it was the funniest thing, they were all passing the can back and forth. They waited so patiently!"

I'm glad my twins are patient, but I don't really want them sharing cups with everyone. I mean, if they share with one another - fine, but with kids who are not related? It just irks me.

I'm kind of irritated by the fact that she gave them coffee and let them share the same cup...

Would this irritate you or am I just being dramatic?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
begamom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Hell yes that would irritate me!!! Who does crap like that????

MissAndrea125
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:47 PM

No that is not overdramatic. I would be pissed as well. The coffee thing, eh, kids def don't need coffee and I'd tell her don't ever give it to them again... but 6 kids sharing a can, that would PISS ME OFF. How does she know that one of those kids doesn't have some sort of virus or something?

fallnangel3

We all took drinks of coffee when we were little, and kids share everything.  If the other kids have germs, yours are going to get them just from playing with them.  So I don't see a big deal about it

mommy2xp

my kids have tried coffee, but only one tiny taste and no matter if they liked it or not they dont get to actually drink it.  as for pop, they can have a little bit, but not everyday or anything.  if i have some they can have a drink or two.  but i would not be happy if this situation happened at daycare, and i would also tell her about it.  daycares need to provide healthy drinks/meals/snacks.  it doesn't matter if it's an in home or a center.  if she just let them try it because they were curious as to what it was then i wouldn't get so upset, but she just let them drink it, that's just crazy! plus then giving them pop in the same day and them all sharing the can. 

Pregnancy ticker

AMarineLovesMe
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I would have ripped her a new one!  That is complete crap!

x_sabine_x
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:49 PM

I agree. I'd find a different daycare!

Quoting begamom:

Hell yes that would irritate me!!! Who does crap like that????

wells75904
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Oh.....I dont think so....I would be PISSED and the director would hear from me, my kids wouldnt go back until they had a new teacher

I own and admin in several groups, see one that interests you? JOIN US!!!

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms
May 2005 Children- Come and join us if you have a child born in May of 2005, share the joys, the fears, the challenges of raising 4 year olds! http://www.cafemom.com/group/may2005children
About Frugal Moms Buy, Sell, and Trade Connection-Buy and sell with great prices!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugalmomsbuyandsell

Jynnifer292
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Sharing her cup and passing around the can was kind of gross. Someone can be sick and not show any signs yet. I mean, we tell them to wash thier hands and cover their sneezes but eh, sharing spit is okay. Jeesh. 

We are all shades of gray. It’s been said again and again; life’s a process. We are fleeting moments that come and go, and I am grateful to have my time, my aspirations and my mistakes, my flaws and my abilities. Think of me what you will, but before you do, don’t. Alexander William Gaskarth

sarasqueaker
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I would be very upset about both things. Kids and coffee no way and then to share a can of soda with 6 kids ....eeewwwww! That grosses me out. She can be turned in for that, health issues!  You have every right to be mad.

elvir2babes
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Wow, where did you find this idiot?

Quoting Joanna_B:

Okay, so I show up to pick up my kids from daycare and she tells me, "Gracie and Aiden kept looking at my coffee so I let them have a bit..."

This one made my head spin... you gave them coffee? She explains, "Well, Gracie had most of it... I was done and I didn't want to waste it. Aiden just had a dot and he didn't want it."

I'm sorry - but I don't really want my 3 year olds drinking coffee.

Aiden then adds, "I had soda, too!!!"
Daycare provider says: "OH, yeah... I let all the kids share a can of soda."

Ok, I'm not anti-soda. I don't drink it, so I don't buy it and the kids don't have soda at home.. but a can split between 6 kids? No problem... that was when I was assuming that she had gotten cups and poured it all into individual cups for the kids. But no - she tells me "it was the funniest thing, they were all passing the can back and forth. They waited so patiently!"

I'm glad my twins are patient, but I don't really want them sharing cups with everyone. I mean, if they share with one another - fine, but with kids who are not related? It just irks me.

I'm kind of irritated by the fact that she gave them coffee and let them share the same cup...

Would this irritate you or am I just being dramatic?

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)