Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone had this happen during a pap smear?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM
  • 234 Replies

My friend told me that her gynocologist stuck his finger up her anus during her pap smear, without even warning her! He just said, "this might make you feel uncomfortable". Later he told her it was to check for signs of endemitriosis. Has anyone else had this happen? I have had at least seven pap smears and this has never happened to me. I have never heard of this as part of a routine pap smear. It seems a little strange.

Jen (Mommy of Devan)

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Only when I was pregnant.

mommy2xp
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:49 PM

i have had tons of paps and they never did that. i would not be going back to that dr

Pregnancy ticker

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:50 PM

My dr has never done that and that sounds kinda creepy to me...I've been getting routine paps for....10 years now? That's weird...

elvir2babes
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:50 PM

No

Quoting jen_dev09:

My friend told me that her gynocologist stuck his finger up her anus during her pap smear, without even warning her! He just said, "this might make you feel uncomfortable". Later he told her it was to check for signs of endemitriosis. Has anyone else had this happen? I have had at least seven pap smears and this has never happened to me. I have never heard of this as part of a routine pap smear. It seems a little strange.

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

faithfulmomof1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:50 PM

never once has that happened to me... little weird 

wells75904
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:51 PM

NO absolutly NOT that is creepy I would report that doctor

Quoting elvir2babes:

No

Quoting jen_dev09:

I own and admin in several groups, see one that interests you? JOIN US!!!

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms
May 2005 Children- Come and join us if you have a child born in May of 2005, share the joys, the fears, the challenges of raising 4 year olds! http://www.cafemom.com/group/may2005children
About Frugal Moms Buy, Sell, and Trade Connection-Buy and sell with great prices!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugalmomsbuyandsell

madisonfraser
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM
when i was pregnant, and then at my 6 week appt, they told me they were going to check me for hemorrhoids, but that is not part of a pap smear.
shawnnaraye

NO! I have endemitriosis and they have never did that to me! I would have her find another Dr.

432mommy

NO!!! I would not be going back to that dr. either!

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Quoting MAMAOF2ANGELS:

Only when I was pregnant.

That even sounds kinda weird to me...it didn't happen when I was pregnant...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)