Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have at&t cell service?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

I dont but my dad does and I was wondering if there is a way for me to send him a text/ pic message from my computer to his cell phone?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:54 PM

I am not sure about pictures but you can send texts to his phone as like an email from your computer.  If he has a messenger on his phone you can send IMs and they would show up as texts on his phone.

mom22tumblebugs
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:14 AM

I hate texts. Why can't you just call him?

shortyk2
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:15 AM

ya there is place for it on the att website

jothra
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I don't think so, I've tried with DH's phone, but I couldn't find it on the website.

reecenkaden
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:16 AM

you can send pics, but make sure it's attached to the email not in the body. I had at&t until I washed my phone this morning. Bleh day from hell.

dancingpengiune.gif the dancer image by jjjohnnaThis Penguin Dances for Freedom From Religion
I got that BOOM BOOM POW!!!
Learn to Do It Your Own Damn Self

2boymama
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

lol..well its a long story.. I have never met him before, and on Monday he called me..after 26 years of no dad, we picked up like we had known eachother forever and ever.. and between monday and today we've talked for almost 7 hrs and hes running out of minutes.. and he's dying to see a pic of me and my family, which I sent in the mail but he was asking if this was possible so he didnt have to wait so long...I dont have a cell and he doesnt have a computer so that complicates things.. I just remember that DH used to send me texts/pics on my old phone from his work computer before we were married but that was yrs ago so I couldnt remember what service we had or anything. Believe me..I dont text, or at least not in the past 6 years..lol.I thought I was the only one! lol

mom22tumblebugs
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Set up a facebook account. And him too. He can always access facebook for free at the public library. He can get a free email account at hotmail.com. And then you can download albums of pictures.

Quoting 2boymama:

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

lol..well its a long story.. I have never met him before, and on Monday he called me..after 26 years of no dad, we picked up like we had known eachother forever and ever.. and between monday and today we've talked for almost 7 hrs and hes running out of minutes.. and he's dying to see a pic of me and my family, which I sent in the mail but he was asking if this was possible so he didnt have to wait so long...I dont have a cell and he doesnt have a computer so that complicates things.. I just remember that DH used to send me texts/pics on my old phone from his work computer before we were married but that was yrs ago so I couldnt remember what service we had or anything. Believe me..I dont text, or at least not in the past 6 years..lol.I thought I was the only one! lol

2boymama
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Quoting reecenkaden:

you can send pics, but make sure it's attached to the email not in the body. I had at&t until I washed my phone this morning. Bleh day from hell.

oh I couldnt help but laugh a little..you poor mama..I know how those days go all to well! Hope tomorrows much better

2boymama
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:25 AM

I know, we talked about it.. but he's disabled and the librarys pretty far from his house so its not exactly convenient.. but we may do this in the future, I told him I'd set it all up for him.

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Set up a facebook account. And him too. He can always access facebook for free at the public library. He can get a free email account at hotmail.com. And then you can download albums of pictures.

Quoting 2boymama:

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)