Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

teenage brother and sister sharing a bed?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:50 AM
  • 30 Replies

What do you think?

So, I have these neighbors. There's a mom, dad, grandmother, grandfather, 16 year old girl, and 15 year old boy. One day, a bunch of neighbors and I were all outside, including the boy. The subject came up of how small our homes are (2 BR  two story townhouses), and I asked the 15 year old boy how they all fit in his home..because me, dh, and ds are running out of room and it's just the 3 of us...they have 6 in theirs. He said Grandpa sleeps downstairs, mom & dad have a room, and the other bedroom is for himself, his sister, and grandma. I was like WOW how do you fit 3 beds in one room and he said they have 2 in there...one for grandma and he shares a bed with his sister.

That just seemed wierd to me....what's your take on teenage siblings sharing a bed?

by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy644
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids can't even share a back seat LOL!

celticreverie
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:53 AM

If there's no room, it happens. I don't think it's that strange to be honest. Sometimes places get crowded. I know that a family friend had to have her daughter and son share a room and they were teen and middle school age. It barely fit two beds. Had they had to fit only one, they would have done it until they got their bigger place. There was no sexual abuse going on either...

BUT it could be against the law depending on the state.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Nursing at keyboard.. Please excuse my typos Pictures, Images and Photos

dreamerinluv
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:55 AM

*scratching head*.....Uummm who came up with sleeping arrangements ? Couldnt they have gramma and sister in one bed and boy in the other? Geeez I guess mom or gramma see nothing wrong with growing boy/girl hormones reging....yea they are brother and sister but thats not right....I just cant picture me and my bro in the same bed....eeeww groooss....LOL ! 

~~ If I had Skittles in my mouth.......would you come and taste the rainbow ?~~

MalreeRose1208
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:55 AM

That is a little odd. In some states its illegal for  a boy and girl to even share a room past a certian age, let alone a bed.

wouldnt it make more sense for grandma and granddaughter to share? not that i would want to do that either!

mommy of one beautiful baby girl (who just turned one!),new home owner, getting married in 3 weeks,laid back, dart throwing ,beer drinking,trivia playing,Harry Potter loving, lotsa great girlfriends, dog owner, a CIO, non-BF, kinda gal.

lizmarie1975
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM

As a long term solution, I would probably find that frustrating.  There are ways of doing it though: sleeping head to foot, having a queen/king size bed and putting pillows between the kids.

HeatherMae55
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it.  If you don't have the room, you just do what you gotta do.  Many people are against brothers and sisters just sharing rooms, so I can imagine people will be all offended at this.. lol!

But, when I was growing up, I use to always go over to a friends house and after hanging out, all of us would crash on one bed, brother, sister, cousin and me.  It was just a place to sleep.

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM

if they shared a bed and had plenty of room i would think it was wrong... but on the flip side... i have been in the situation where we had 4 girls in one room (2 beds) b/c we did not have enough room.  It sounds like in their case, it is what it is..

i feel sorry for the boy b/c i am sure that he is at the stage in life where he is having "morning issues".  They really should consider grandma and the girl sharing a bed.  That poor kid.

lovinglifeKX
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I think that if you don't have the room, then you do what you need to do.  I would probably put grandma & daughter in a bed & let the boy have his own.

My brothers and I still take naps in the same bed, now it's not like, hey bro I'm gonna go take a nap come with me, it's more like if we are at my moms watching a movie ( her room, for some reason, is the movie room) & we all fall asleep.  

Elaine, proud wife to Ru & proud momma to Kaiden & Xander!

SxyPanamami83
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:59 AM

people do what they have to do, and its not as wierd as you think.

M0M0F03
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Not sure how I feel...if they are all comfortable with it, I guess that's all that matters. My husband's great grandmother had 10 kids, small house, I know they shared beds...it's just not as common anymore. 

I wouldn't want that for my children though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN