Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh! Off due-date or twins? feeling WAY too pregnant! pics

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:26 AM
  • 21 Replies

Background. With my son I had preecclampsia and was on bedrest for 21 weeks, gained well over 60 pounds (refused to weigh myself after that lol) and he was born 8lbs 12oz at 38 weeks.

Now I got pregnant and instantly lost 13 pounds. I've finally gained back 10 of that. But I feel HUGE! At the beginning I had an ultrasound with my ob that gave me the EDD and doc said he thought it could be twins. had another ultrasound since then that only found 1 baby, but they thought the baby looked big. But I feel soo much farther than I am. I'm ginormous, the baby's so big feeling, so much pressure, everywhere. It feels like he's falling out. I have to wear a support belt. My boobs are already full. I mean I could easily get out an ounce if I tried. I plan on e-mailing my midwife tomorrow, but it's really bugging me now. Figured I'd see what ya'll thought. If anything it'll be fun and let me know (from some bizzar stories I hope to here from you) what could be possible. I feel like 7-8 months. not barely 6.

this is me at 23 weeks!!!!

and I lost all of my baby weight since tim. this is all baby and hard and squirmy and oober uncomfortable! I was so miserable when this pic was taken lol. one of those days

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lauren24
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Go get another ultrasound! Im sorry you are so uncomfortable :(

Lauren24
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Did they not give you one at 20 weeks? That's when we found out the sex....

juggalo_steph
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:31 AM

h my boys were big. i really looked about due at 6 months. and it was all baby, may be the case, but you have previous babies and you know your body-so yeah, good luck and let us know

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:31 AM

well first of all you look adorable... second of all my belly was this big with both pregnancies around 23 weeks.  so who knows?  keep us updated!

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

kno4eva
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:32 AM

You look normal to me. Looks like your just carrying more towards the front. I would trust the ultrasound if it only said one. They thought I was having twins too but ultrasound has confirmed it 3 times that its just one baby.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

babies

DaisyAg2003
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:32 AM

That is how I was with our last baby!  She was so low at ~6 1/2 months that it hurt to do anything!  She was measuring 3-4 weeks farther along, yet they didn't change my due date.

You do tend to show more prominently and sooner the more pregnancies  you have.

momof525
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:33 AM

LOL, I looked like like that at 19 wks. I haven't had an US yet , but the Dr said I was measuring at 24 wks when I was 17 wks!! We'll soon find out if mine is twins! Good luck to you:)         Here's me at 19 wks

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
mom0609
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:35 AM

could be either way but I know how ya feel as far as being big. I wish I had pic up to show you at 23 weeks with my ds i messured at 30 weeks and he was 9.6 i looked like i was having triplets and now with my dd i messured 32 weeks at 24 and she is only 7 lbs so i dont know sometimes mmma just have big bellies

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:38 AM

This was me at 24 weeks. i was uncomfortable also...

this was 3 days before i delivered... SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE!!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
coleysmama
by Lisa on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I'd ask my dr about Polyhydramnios- too much amniotic fluid and ask to have a level 2 or higher sono. It can sometimes mean some small complications with the baby's digestive system or kidneys but most of the time it just happens for no reason. I had this with my last baby and I could barely walk  it felt like he was just going to drop out of me at any minute..LOL.  when I was 5 months everyone thought I was like 7-8 month along. Everyone at work kept asking me if I was sure I wasn't having twins. 

The dr just has to keep a closer eye on you and you have to be monitored closely during labor because of the risk of cord prolapse. Please make sure to ask and if they say no go to another dr.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)