Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OOOOKKAAAYYY THEN....

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:38 AM
  • 33 Replies

What are some weird or off the wall things that were said to you while pregnant?

Here are a few of mine:

"Oh, what are you having?"

"a boy."

"no, no, you're having a girl...there is no way you are having a boy the way you are carrying..."

"no, there is a boy in there...he made sure to show me....repeatedly." (hahahaha...sorry, but my little guy is a character).

"well, I think you are wrong...you are definitely having a girl."

"okay, well then I guess my girl is going to have a penis."

another time, I was in line at the PX and a woman looks at me and asked if I was pregnant. I told her I was and smiled. She then proceded to ask me what my bowel movements were like....lol!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taleasoldastime
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:40 AM

i always had people ask me how it happened. which i thought was a very peculiar question.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:40 AM

There are ten years between my first and second child.  I got "Are they from the same father" a lot.  Who would ask that?

mlg87ok
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:42 AM

My husband and I always have people say "You know what causes that right?"  I swear I just want to smack these people or say something back but its usually some guy my husband works with.

Alison_C
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I heard a lot of whispers about teen pregnancy behind my back. I'm married (almost always had my ring) and was 22/23 while pregnant. I even caught a death glare from an old guy.

Also, I ordered a shake once, and the waiter said I made a great choice and that my baby was going to poke her head out and say, "Thank you, Mommy!"

meggs8609
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:43 AM

When I was 8 months pregnant and i was all  belly and was HUGE I had a lady ask me if I was pregnant.I really wanted to smack her in the forehead and say here's your sign.

lcappytan05
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:44 AM

this is the first grandchild on both sides and my MIL loves kids (she wasnt able to have her own so she adopted) when we found out and told her, she asked me how it happened and I was kind of like, "uhhh..." and then she was like, "did  you plan it or was it an accident? Did you use condoms and birth control?" stuff like that...I love my MIL to pieces, but her excitement with the line of questioning was not something I wanted to deal with....lol!

Quoting taleasoldastime:

i always had people ask me how it happened. which i thought was a very peculiar question.

DaisyAg2003
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:44 AM

I had one lady ask if I was having a girl or a boy....a complete stranger mind you. 

When I told her I didn't know she asked, "they didn't tell you?"

I told her that we didn't want to know.  She said, "how will you know what name to give it, a girl's or boy's".

I told her that we had 2 names picked out.

She said, "That is the dumbest thing."

I must have given her a look because then she said, "Well, I guess it works for some people."

I also had a lady...another stranger...argue with how far along I was.  I was 6 months but the baby was pressing against the outside of my belly, making it stick out more.  She told me that I would have my baby within the week...when I told her that I had a couple months to go, she tried to argue with me about it!

432mommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:45 AM

I was almost due w/ my DS, and we went to the mall to walk. Anyway this woman asked me when I was due, I told her he's scheduled for Nov 25. She told me no he wont be born until Dec... I said NO, HE IS SCHEDULED TO BE HERE THE 25TH! and she argued me down... Finally I had to say yeah I'm having a c-sec at 8am on Nov 25, THANK YOU!  She was right he wasnt born on that day, but the day before! Too bad my dad really wanted to share his birthday.

With my DD, I dont remember any strange comments, but I was so tired all the time I probably just slept through it... :)

MaryD621
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Oh the BEST was when I worked in the City and someone asked me I was having twins.  I said no it's just one and i'm fat.  The woman goes, no you are DEFINATELTY having twins!!!!

You want to laugh???  The same thing happened to a friend of mine when she was pregnant and she worked at a clothing store!!!! 

You would think that women would be more sensitive but no, they are not!!!!  They are worse!!!  LOL :)

nemiller
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:47 AM

1. some lady tried to tell me that my due date was wrong, because i was "too small".  umm... okay?  just because one person is huge doesn't mean everybody has to be.  my belly didn't get very big until the 7th month.  i was visibly pregnant, but not big, KWIM?

2. an elderly lady at the grocery store made a comment about how unfortunate i was so young & the father wasn't going to be around.  i asked her why she said something like that, and it was because i didn't have my wedding band on... my fingers were too effing swollen!  this was like 2 days before i delivered, and i hadn't been able to wear my rings for 3 weeks.

3. at the same grocery store as incident #2 when i was about 6 months, some guy approached me in the dairy section and told me, "ya know, i have a thing for pregnant women."  then he proceeded to stare at me like i was supposed to just lay down right there & have sex with him.  it's funny now, but at the time i was not in the mood for that nonsense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)