Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why a csection?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:07 AM
  • 67 Replies

why do people have csections when they arent needed? it really aggravates me.. this girl i work with had one, becauser her baby was big...not that big 9 pounds... so why do it?

* and the only reason i can understand is when someones husband is deploying *

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chiquis
by Diamond Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:10 AM

IDK personally I'd only get one if medically needed. Otherwise no. Not that it will ever happen since this baby factory is closed lol. And all mine were vag. 

stellastef
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:11 AM

I can actually understand her situation because my first baby was over nine pounds and there were complications during labor so they had to do an emergency C-section.  When I was pregnant with my second, we opted to do a second cesarean because of what happend with out first baby and sure enough he was almost eight pounds and the doctor said for sure he wouldn't have fit if I tried a VBAC.  That's how it happened with me, so I can understand why should would want to do that.  I know it might be smart to at least try to deliver vaginally, but it's her decision and if she thinks she'll end up with a cesarean, then I totally understand.

Lucky2bee
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:13 AM

I agree... only when medically necessary

momof525
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:15 AM

I'm not sure why you'd want one if you didn't need it [or why the Dr. would do it]...but also, I don't really judge- I guess if thats what they want...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
mrs.star80
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:16 AM

I had to get an emergency c-section after 27 hours of labor 2 hours of pushing and no result, I wanted to keep going even though I thought I was dying, ended up giving birth via c-section to a blue 9 pounder who ended up in the ICU. Second time I knew that if I tryed natural I would have been able to do it, I know I could have done it but the docs insisted on the c-section and told me no effing way (in a more profesional way), so second time c-section. Now I have to get a 3rd and I know I won't be able to even if I tryed, I'm terrified but what can I do

Lucky2bee
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:17 AM

yours is still considered medically necessary. and doctors still dont know how big a baby will be till they actully deliver it (they said my friends baby would be 9+ lbs and he was like 6)

Quoting stellastef:

I can actually understand her situation because my first baby was over nine pounds and there were complications during labor so they had to do an emergency C-section.  When I was pregnant with my second, we opted to do a second cesarean because of what happend with out first baby and sure enough he was almost eight pounds and the doctor said for sure he wouldn't have fit if I tried a VBAC.  That's how it happened with me, so I can understand why should would want to do that.  I know it might be smart to at least try to deliver vaginally, but it's her decision and if she thinks she'll end up with a cesarean, then I totally understand.

dlepasti
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:17 AM

oh gooodness i know i am going to get bashed for this.... but mayb cause your who-ha stays "normal" .... or so i have heard, i got a c-section, but it was medically necessary

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Hmmm... It really aggravates me that someone would get aggravated over something THAT DOES NOT AFFECT THEM! Why do you even care what someone else wants to do to THEIR body??

myspace commentsPhotobucket

myspace commentsPhotobucket

lvnmylif
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:18 AM

I don't understand why anyone else would care if another woman had a c section.  The only person's uterus that should matter is yours.

sharisse
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Quoting stellastef:

i understand that, but she didnt have complications at all... she asked for one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)