• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Tomboy is becoming a Lady.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

As some of you may remember I was complaining about my dd being a tomboy,well she is over that. She wants to shave her legs have her hair done and get manicures and pedies also. I am unsure what type of things to get her. She has asked for bubble bath and bath supplies. i am not sure  of what brands or anything. She is 10 and I want to encourge her but need some help or advice, I also think there is a boy involved in this sudden change, Help please.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:29 AM

I would buy her age appropriate nail polish colors and different barrettes for her to put in hair. Is she in school yet?  Take her for a manicure for beginning of school year or can save it for christmas time.  I am not sure how else to help since DD is only 3.   There are also sparkling body sprays for that age i think that has glitter added.  Does she have any girly girl friends who you can ask for bubble baths?

neenerashley
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM

When buying bubble bath remember to get the Hypoalergenic stuff.. To much exposure to bubble baths can have a bad reation to the girly region. They have BON Bell or something along those lines for Lip glosses and nail polishes(cheap).  You can even encourage her to wear some deoderant that smells good. Check out the cosmetic/lotion isles next time your at the store! I have a 13yo sister, who is a MAJOR tom boy.. I wish i could girl her up!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

elly25
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:49 AM

I wasn't allowed to shave my legs until I was in the eighth grade.I had light colored leg hair,but a lot of it.lol!!Have you tried going to Bed,Bath,and Beyond?They have some good sales there.Not all the time,but most of the time you can find a good deal.Target and Walmart have some good deals for deodorant and other things like that.Face wash to take off the light colored make-up.Good deals on hair dryers,curlers,and flat irons too.Buy her some books about turning into a lady.Just remember to talk to her about what is going on in her head and with her body.Also you can buy her a journal to write her thoughts into.Where she can poor her heart into and tell everything to in it.A place to put her emotions.Other then blowing up and coming to you with a short fuse.

If she is trying to change her self for a guy.Then,personally,I don't think that the guy is worth it,but I'm not ten anymore.Awww......to be in puppy love again.LOL!!Talk to her about it.They call them crushes for a reason.Stock up on boxes of tissue and ice cream to make it better.Sorry that i cannot be more help.My daughter isn't old enough to think of the opposite sex in that way yet.She is only 20 months old (on the 25th of this month).I have been there though as a young girl,but I never changed myself for a guy.I am still the tomboy that I always was.Just don't do well with heights anymore.   

owls

kissyfur29
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Quoting elly25:

I wasn't allowed to shave my legs until I was in the eighth grade.I had light colored leg hair,but a lot of it.lol!!Have you tried going to Bed,Bath,and Beyond?They have some good sales there.Not all the time,but most of the time you can find a good deal.Target and Walmarthave some good deals for deodorant and other things like that.Face wash to take off the light colored make-up.Good deals on hair dryers,curlers,and flat irons too.Buy her some books about turning into a lady.Just remember to talk to her about what is going on in her head and with her body.Also you can buy her a journal to write her thoughts into.Where she can poor her heart into and tell everything to in it.A place to put her emotions.Other then blowing up and coming to you with a short fuse.

If she is trying to change her self for a guy.Then,personally,I don't think that the guy is worth it,but I'm not ten anymore.Awww......to be in puppy love again.LOL!!Talk to her about it.They call them crushes for a reason.Stock up on boxes of tissue and ice cream to make it better.Sorry that i cannot be more help.My daughter isn't old enough to think of the opposite sex in that way yet.She is only 20 months old (on the 25th of this month).I have been there though as a young girl,but I never changed myself for a guy.I am still the tomboy that I always was.Just don't do well with heights anymore.   

She has dark black hairy legs and that is why I OK'ed it. I am going to Walmart on the 1st to check things out there. I did look up some stuff on bath and beyond but think it is a little pricey as for boys I am planning in talking to her about that tomorrow. Good idea about the ice cream and tissue though didn't think of that. I have been dreading this day

Cherish77
by Cherish on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Venus, has some desposable razors, that have some gel on them that do not require shaving cream.  Plus Wal-mart has a nice line of different scented body washes and bath gels, that are cheaper than bath and body works.  Sally Hansen is a great brand for nail polish, They have a great variety of colors.

Well I am going to tell my daughter, that don't spend to much time trying to impress boys, if they are not nice to you, than they are not worth spending your time on, them, even if they are good looking or they make you laugh.  If they are jerks, than they are not worth your energy.  I have a few years though dd is only 6.

RaynesMommy07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:31 AM

I love the Venus disposable spa razors.  I am a tomboy myself, but I do love girly things just as much.  I would take her to Bath and Body Works and let her pick out some good smelling lotions & bath products, so she will feel included.  Bath and Body is always having a sale. 

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I would take you daughter out shopping for a girl's day out. You can take to claires to pick out some jewerly, accessories, then you can take her to bath and body work to pick out some bath supplies and if you not sure what to pick the sale associates can help you pick it some stuff, then you can go to a locate salon to have a medi and pedicure. Then finish the day off with lunch. For razor I use venus diven.

xo0kcg0ox
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Instead of shaving, they have hair removal creams. I use veet because I hate shaving. lol. If you go to Walmart, they have sets, like body wash, body spray, soap, usually cheap too. Going to claires is a good idea too they have some really cute jewerly as well as lip glosses, body sprays and washes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)