• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Formula Question / Poll.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:30 AM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: what kind?

Options:

Good Start

Enfamil

Similac

Other please explain.

*added* parent's choice

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 71

View Results

what kind of formula did you use on you baby??
Did you like it?? how did baby do on it?

My husband and I have been thinking about switching to formula so i can go back to school in a few weeks.. but not sure on where to start our first son only used good start..

punching         toddler boy        breastfeeding

Mommy And Daddy!            Clayton Gwyer             Abel James

April 7th 2007                   July 2nd 2007            July 18th 2009    

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMommy58
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:32 AM

We used Good Start for the first 4 months, until we moved from OK to WA. In WA apparantly, WIC only does Similac. Elijah didnt mind the change tho..they both worked equally well.

averiensmommy07
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:33 AM

I used Similac, only because I was on WIC

mamapotter
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:39 AM

All three of my kids only tolerated Lactofree.  Otherwise, they had major problems with constipation.  The youngest was the only one actually lactose intolerant, though.  It was obvious from the get-go.  She even had to take Lactaid milk when switching from formula.  With the other two, we literally tried everything else first, and this one finally worked.  None of the doctors could explain why.

Dr. Phil said that the secret to inner peace was to finish everything you started.  So I looked around the house, finished the book I wanted to read, my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.  You wouldn't believe how calm I am now.
MikeysMom51108
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:43 AM

The ONLY formula my son would take was Parent's Choice Soy.

Any kind of milk-based formula made him have a tummy ache, so we switched to soy. Then, he wouldn't even try any brand of soy besides Parent's Choice.

lilberber
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:44 AM

my son used similac in soy cuz he had tummy problems.

I edit pictures for fun! Want one?

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:45 AM

that and i also got cheap coupons for similac and i felt it made him less gasie

Quoting averiensmommy07:

I used Similac, only because I was on WIC

lalala09
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:50 AM

I started out on enfamil with wic in MN, but when I moved to CO I had to change to similac and it made my son horribly constipated and I couldn't get it changed with out a perscription and my dr wouldn't give it to me at the time. Finally by the time my second son was born they changed to enfamil so I didn't have to worry about it again. My kids both had to be on low lactose(enfamil gentlease) cos they were both gassy babies and had some acid reflux even with the breast milk no matter what my diet was.

Brokensurvivor
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Quoting lalala09:

I started out on enfamil with wic in MN, but when I moved to CO I had to change to similac and it made my son horribly constipated and I couldn't get it changed with out a perscription and my dr wouldn't give it to me at the time. Finally by the time my second son was born they changed to enfamil so I didn't have to worry about it again. My kids both had to be on low lactose(enfamil gentlease) cos they were both gassy babies and had some acid reflux even with the breast milk no matter what my diet was.

thats my problem its two in the morning and were up he's crying and is acting like its bothering him pretty good.. i think its because i had a slice of tomato on my burger today :( poor baby..

LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:02 AM

I would first try pumping...if that doesn't work out then I would switch to formula.

For my DD when my breast milk ran out we switched to Similac Neosure (she was a preemie) and then to Similac Advanced.

Brokensurvivor
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:07 AM

yeah we were thinking about doing formula in the day nurse at night!
i also have a 2 year old who is VERY Jealous every time i feed baby he wants his attention i've tried reading to him.. and playing with him.. just talking watching tv... he's not happy till babies out of my arms and im all his..

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

I would first try pumping...if that doesn't work out then I would switch to formula.

For my DD when my breast milk ran out we switched to Similac Neosure (she was a preemie) and then to Similac Advanced.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)