Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control question, have a 5 week old son!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:08 AM
  • 28 Replies

I am breastfeeding, so I cant take regular pills.

What have you heard or experienced with the Depo shot?   Gotta make a decision cause my DF is ready to get busy LOL!!

Thank you!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojomommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:10 AM

my girlfriend was on the shot and had her baby use a back up like spermacide or condoms

x_sabine_x
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:11 AM

I got on depo shot after I had my son, doc told me it can reduce the amount of breast milk you produce. I did ok though, it is recommended to wait until you are doing well with breastfeeding before you start on the depo shot.

-Ellen-

Alison_C
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:11 AM

I take estrogen free pills. They work great for me. Kinda expensive though, almost $30, but not so bad if you're able to give your baby breast milk.

NANA21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:15 AM

She got pregnant after getting the shot?

Quoting jojomommy:

my girlfriend was on the shot and had her baby use a back up like spermacide or condoms

NANA21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:16 AM

Good to know...cause I am just barely7 producing enough now. I should wait I think.

Quoting x_sabine_x:

I got on depo shot after I had my son, doc told me it can reduce the amount of breast milk you produce. I did ok though, it is recommended to wait until you are doing well with breastfeeding before you start on the depo shot.

-Ellen-

Brokensurvivor
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:17 AM

my sons 5 weeks and hubby and I already have we used condoms.... but they have this pill the mini pill its safe to use while nursing i used it with my first :)

punching         toddler boy        breastfeeding

Mommy And Daddy!            Clayton Gwyer             Abel James

April 7th 2007                   July 2nd 2007            July 18th 2009    

NANA21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:17 AM

How long have you been on them? What's the name?

Quoting Alison_C:

I take estrogen free pills. They work great for me. Kinda expensive though, almost $30, but not so bad if you're able to give your baby breast milk.

NANA21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Thank you!  Hey how many ozs does your son take when you pump?

Quoting Brokensurvivor:

my sons 5 weeks and hubby and I already have we used condoms.... but they have this pill the mini pill its safe to use while nursing i used it with my first :)

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:19 AM

yea she got prago after she got the depo shot. hell i was on the pill and got prago with my son remember nothing is really full proff other then having no sex use a back up and the chance will be better

Quoting NANA21:

She got pregnant after getting the shot?

Quoting jojomommy:

FlagMomNick
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Yuck!

I hated the depo shot, had an asthma attack on the way home from the Dr after getting it due to what I think was an allergic reaction & was a psycho bitch the 3 months after (hormones were way worse than PG!)

not my method of choice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)