Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God Bless Him! The Good In Human Nature!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

OT-God Bless Him! An elderly man of 90 years old who lives on his own and is from a generation that was around before the baby boomer grandparent generation of today, and a generation far older then the generation of new parents and new grandparents of today.

This elderly gentleman who lives by himself. Gave me an umbrella when my old umbrella kept turning inside out from the wind and rain! I refused to take the gift simply because I thought this dear gentleman would need the umbrella someday if he goes somewhere but he says he does not go anywhere. In the end I accepted it because he said he had no real use for the umbrella and I thought it would show how greatful I am to accept his gift of kindess and would make him happy by doing son. God Bless him he showed me the good side of human nature!

And on another good note I was looking for my shoe that went missing amd my son found it and gave it to me, my little prince sure is going to be a prince charming and gentleman towards his soulmate one day, God Bless my sweet little boy he is a son who makes me proud!
My darling girls are so affectionate they make me proud also!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom23luvs
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:15 AM

I am so happy to read this post! I was about to go to bed but didn't want to leave without reading at least one happy post :)  Thank you!

Momo4512
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Wow it is so amazing to hear stories like this, what a sweet man. I remember when I had my 2 older kids, and my ex husband had wrecked my car so we had to go everywhere by bus, one day it was pouring out, and we were at the bus stop waiting for the bus and a woman with 2 kids of her own, stopped her car and gave us her umbrella.

KreatingMe
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:26 AM

Thank you for sharing. What a great post. I thought I'd share my own.  Last weekend I was at the hair cuttery, waiting to get a cut. It was jam packed because silly me went the weekend before school starts. Well I'm standing up waiting, with my ds. This ** gentleman ** who was not that old, meaning not of the very old school generations, probably in his 40s ...got up and gave me his seat !!!! I could have fell over from shock. He insisted upon it too.

Momo4512
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM

It is so crazy how the generations have changed over the years, I open doors for anyone, and someone sees me comming with my 10 year old 6 year old, and 15 month old twins, they cut me off and dont bother to open the door for me. There was one time I can remember, My husband and I went to dennys for dinner after our nieces bday party, the twins were only about 2 months at the time, so they were in the car seats that u carry, we didnt have a stroller yet, so we were carrying them. Well we got up to leave and there was a mabey 13 year old boy sitting with his parents, eating, he got up and opened both doors for us. I was amazed. We couldnt thank him enough. That is not something u see very often. My 6 yearl old son is like that and I would love to keep it that way, It was refreshing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)