Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leave in conditioner?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:09 AM
  • 9 Replies

I started using this a little while ago (I got it and have gone through a bottle of shampoo and regular conditioner since), how long does it take before you start to see results from it, nothing has changed imo. Just wondering. 

Life so fragile,
Loss so sudden,
Hearts so broken.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Susan262
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:54 AM

Are you just talking about leave in conditioner?  As an old hairdresser, I wouldn't use it on my hair.  I don't know what kind of results your looking for, but if you haven't seen it by now, your not going to. 

mommagann
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:00 AM

I love leave in conditioner..*spray* I use very little, and it makes my hair more manageable and appears to be shinier. I've used the spray conditioner for quite some time now...perhaps your not using the right brand? .....what kind of results are you looking for? ...and what kind of shampoo and conditioner AND leave-in are you using?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:04 AM

What kind are you using?   I have long straight hair so i use johnson and johnsons Detangler spray whichis basically leave in conditioner and i like it.  I dont use regular conditioner though.  Your hair may be getting too much conditioner in it.

It would be helpful to know what kind of hair you have and what the issue you are having with it.

2PreemieGirls
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:06 AM

I want it to make my hair less frizzy and make it stronger, and have less split ends. I am trying to grow it out like it was when I was younger before I had kids (down to the bottom of my butt where I would sit on it sometimes and pull it accidentally) . I am using herbal essences long term relantionship, I switched to it from pantene, because pantene wasn't giving good results. I use the shampoo conditioner and leave in conditioner all from herbal essences long term relantionship.

Life so fragile,
Loss so sudden,
Hearts so broken.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:10 AM

Quoting 2PreemieGirls:

I want it to make my hair less frizzy and make it stronger, and have less split ends. I am trying to grow it out like it was when I was younger before I had kids (down to the bottom of my butt where I would sit on it sometimes and pull it accidentally) . I am using herbal essences long term relantionship, I switched to it from pantene, because pantene wasn't giving good results. I use the shampoo conditioner and leave in conditioner all from herbal essences long term relantionship.

Hopefully one of the hair dresser moms can help you more.  All i can think of is going to a salon to see if they can suggest less expensive products than the salon carries as well as a trim for split ends.  I suffer from split ends also even though i use a comb and dont use hair dryer on my hair

mommagann
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:13 AM

If you have dry frizzy hair, a leave-in-conditioner has to be your best friend. Look for spray or lotion leave-in-conditioners which can be used on wet or dry hair. They can be used after a shampooing and conditioning or any time of the day you feel your hair just needs some moisture.

The key to maintaining dry frizzy hair is to continually hydrate it. Avoid washing your hair on a daily basis since shampoos can strip hair of its natural oils. Always make sure you protect your hair with some type of lotion, serum or spray before using hot appliances. Try to avoid blow dryers and instead air dry your hair and then straighten it with a flat iron on a low temperature setting for a straight sleek look. You can also work those frizzy kinks into smooth spiral curls. After washing and conditioning, place some curling gel or moose into your hair and scrunch your mane while blow drying with a dryer that has a diffuser attached. Or you can simply scrunch your hair and let it air dry. To get rid of the frizzy flyaways, swirl them with your finger or with a pencil as you blow dry.

And I know this may sound crazy..but for frizzy hair, I always heard to DRINK lots of water! Your body works from the inside out..so HYDRATE!

Quoting 2PreemieGirls:

2PreemieGirls
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:18 AM

I've been putting the leave in conditioner in after I get out of the shower when I put body lotion on, while it's still damp, then I comb it and go to bed, that way it's dry in the morning, then I just flat iron it. I don't wash it every day, I just washed it and it had been like maybe 4 days since I had washed it last (I shower every other day, and if my hair isn't dirty I use a shower cap). I wash my hair when my scapl gets itchy and when I scratch I get that nasty dandruffy looking white stuff under my nails, I'll was it right away if it gets that bad, but generally just when it looks dirty or greasy or if my scalp itches. I used to have the best hair, I don't know what happened!! 

ETA: If I drink any more water I think I will turn into a puddle. I am drinking lots of water to try and lose weight, hydrate my skin to keep it from being dry and for my hair.

Life so fragile,
Loss so sudden,
Hearts so broken.

Lillylou
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:41 AM

If you don't already, I would add vitamins to my daily routine. There are specially formulated vitamins for hair and nails or an OTC prenatal vitamin works great too and they are all pretty inexpensive.

roxy85
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Get your ends trimmed and stop flat ironing your hair so much.  It's just going to damage your hair. Infusium 23 or Aussie Hair Insurance are AMAZING. I have curly hair a few inches above my butt and spend a lot of time at the beach here in Hawaii. It makes my hair very soft and manageable.

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)