• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heres my idea of healthcare reform.....may start drama

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:11 AM
  • 4 Replies

Watching all sorts of people in cahoots over this new proposed healthcare program in the United States has had me thinking. So many other countries have universal healthcare and I believe we should follow suit, especially the way the economy is right now. So I remembered while filling out an application for medical assistance during my first pregnancy that even if people were not legal citizens of this country, they still qualified for healthcare, as well as food stamps, and daycare assistance. Drives me mad that illegal aliens are reeking the benefits of something our legal citizens are paying for. So why not weed through all those illegal aliens receiving benefits from all government assistance programs? That would put a big chunk of change back into the American government. If you aren't here legally, you shouldnt be 'entitled' to anything that was meant to help out the citizens of this country. Maybe if this country wasn't so 'nice' to illegals....maybe they would stop coming here looking for a handout!

siggy

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommina
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:15 AM

That's unethical.  So a child who happens to be illegal shows up to the ER and had pnumonia can't be treated and parents don't have $$$ to pay the bill so they just get a bill and don't pay it because charity care isn't availiable?  That will cost our country tons more money.  Plus, no one is entitlted to anything.  Everything we have to help us regarding medicaid is a priviledge.

EeeesMom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:17 AM

I guess i agree.....i dont really get into politics or religion just for arguments sake.  but i agree we should not be hooking up illegals when our own born n raised here citizens cant get help!

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
Princefan6684
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:20 AM

So you dont believe that taking away those benefits from those who are NOT here legally would give Americans economic relief?

Quoting Mommina:

That's unethical. So a child who happens to be illegal shows up to the ER and had pnumonia can't be treated and parents don't have $$$ to pay the bill so they just get a bill and don't pay it because charity care isn't availiable? That will cost our country tons more money. Plus, no one is entitlted to anything. Everything we have to help us regarding medicaid is a priviledge.

Mommina
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Quoting Princefan6684:

So you dont believe that taking away those benefits from those who are NOT here legally would give Americans economic relief?

Quoting Mommina:

That's unethical. So a child who happens to be illegal shows up to the ER and had pnumonia can't be treated and parents don't have $$$ to pay the bill so they just get a bill and don't pay it because charity care isn't availiable? That will cost our country tons more money. Plus, no one is entitlted to anything. Everything we have to help us regarding medicaid is a priviledge.

Absolutely not.  They would still be here (illegals), docters would still have to treat them and because the conditions would be worse due to not one iota of preventive care, the bills to treat (that would NEVER get paid) would be higher.  THAT would cost us much more money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)