Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids and staying

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:44 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Do YOU stay in YOUR relationship/marriage because of the kids you have together?

Options:

Yes, I am unhappy and stay b/c of the kids we have together

We have kids together, but I didn't stay

I am NOT unhappy, but I would stay due to the kids we have together

I am NOT unhappy, but I would not stay due to having kids together

Infamous..OTHER!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

I have a best friend who is NOT happy in their relationship, yet they won't leave because they have a kid together...That is what THEIR reasoning to me was for still staying.

So, I am curious to see how many of you on here are in an unhappy relationship/marriage and stay due to having kids together..

inlove.jpg Me and DB picture by ProudArmyGF2006

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM

i dont feel like people should stay just for their kids 

Jayda1980
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

i dont feel like people should stay just for their kids 

I feel the same way...

inlove.jpg Me and DB picture by ProudArmyGF2006

roxy85
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:49 AM

My children make me want to try harder to save my marriage, but once I feel that I've done everything I can on my part I will walk away. Even if you never argue in fron of your children they still pick-up on the non-verbal cues. Anyone who's ever been stressed and suddenly their kids start acting like monsters knows what I mean. Kids benefit much more from parents who aren't together, but still amicable than parents who are together and hate each other.

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I voted infamous other because didn't know how to answer it....LOL.  We are happy in our marriage and have not let the idea of separation or divorce even come into our conversations.....we have chosen that not to be an option and work through anything and everything that comes our way.  We have worked through some really hard stuff that would have swamped most marriages but with God's help we have purposed in our hearts to stay together to honor God, each other and our children because they are a part of our union......yeah some days its harder than others......LOL

Kestrel1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Hubbs and I separated for a few months when we were going through the 7 year itch phase, and I left and *gasp* took the kids with me. 

Figured a few months in an empty house alone would help him get his priorities straight.  A nice reminder that everything that loves you, loves you because I let it.  I can take away everything but the sound of crickets chirping if you piss me off.

lizmarie1975
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Quoting roxy85:

My children make me want to try harder to save my marriage, but once I feel that I've done everything I can on my part I will walk away. Even if you never argue in fron of your children they still pick-up on the non-verbal cues. Anyone who's ever been stressed and suddenly their kids start acting like monsters knows what I mean. Kids benefit much more from parents who aren't together, but still amicable than parents who are together and hate each other.

This.

CountryMom1783
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM

I feel we both made a solemn vow before God - I would never leave unless he broke that vow by one of the big A's - adultery, addiction, abuse, or abandonment.  But my DH isn't that kind of guy - he's really amazing and I'm grateful that we are soul mates and together.  

Julia, SAHM to 3 amazing kids and devoted wife to my DH.  Pro-vax (married to a doctor), pro-circ, pro-BFing, vegetarian, jogger, yoga-practicing, crossword-addict, live-in-my-car mom!

Jademom07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I am happy now...6 months ago, not so much so.  I filed for divorce and would have been on June 2.  I did this with one thought in my head...2 divorced happy parents make for a happy child while 2 married at each others throats, contantly fighting make for an unhappy child. I didn't want my dd to live seeing mommy and daddy arguing everyday.  Thankfully, we have worked thru most of our problems and are now happier than we ever have been.

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:08 AM

I'm in a happy marriage, but I do feel that if you stay in an unhappy marriage for just the kids, it can do more harm than good.  No matter how much you think you're hiding, they still know what's going on.

*When I pray "coincidences" happen, when I don't pray, they don't*

milmiracle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:14 AM

That is one of the reasons my best friend is my best friend, though others may consider my best friend their best friend cuz they love them to pieces.  I learned long ago that my best friend can be best friend to many people and that I shouldn't interfere, unless that other person starts taking me personal.  I shouldn't have to hear that other friends vocabulary, desires and fantasies just because they feel extreme envy towards me.  I cannot help it if my best friend is loved and admired by everyone under the sun.  I wouldn't be their best friend any other way.  I am a very demanding and selective individual and know how to pick them.  I was in a similar situation w/ a best friend being unhappy and all, turns out him and his wife were married but not married, I mean they had different passions they each pursued individually and in their effort not to strain the other any more than necessary kept their frustrations and disapproving nods from the other cuz they were newlyweds and u know younguns they swear they know everything.  Anyway noone should stay in a relationship for the children even if they have to separate that child from one of the parents the way my friend shirley was telling me last night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)