• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'My Sister's Keeper'

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

Anyone watch this movie yet?

I watched it this weekend. I was completely flabbergasted at the choices of the parents.

What are your thoughts? Would you "create a donor child" if you had a child who was sick and going to die without the help of a "perfect" match? Explain your thoughts!?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KotaBaby
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Have you read the book too?

I LOVED both the book and the movie. Cameron Diaz is one of my favorite actresses so I think she did a good job...and so did the kids. I thought the movie was EXCELLENT...until the end. The ending is completely different from the book which just made me mad!

roxy85
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I read the book (won't see the movie cause I heard the ending is different) and I understand why the parents did what they did. To me it's no different than a parent who has another child just to use their cord blood. They wanted another child and having the chance to save their older daughters life was a great catalyst. They made the mistake of continuing to take advantage of their younger daugther. They assumed that life is what she wanted without taking into account how abnormal she lived to be such a normal child.

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Mommy2Two4Now
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I haven't read the book. I want to though. I thought it was a good movie but just couldn't wrap my mind around their reason for having their third child.

Quoting KotaBaby:

Have you read the book too?

I LOVED both the book and the movie. Cameron Diaz is one of my favorite actresses so I think she did a good job...and so did the kids. I thought the movie was EXCELLENT...until the end. The ending is completely different from the book which just made me mad!

Mommy2Two4Now
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:55 AM

How does it end in the book?

happymom_0307
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:58 AM

I thought the book was a lot better!!  I could see having another child.  Did they push it a little farther... I'm not sure until I am in that situation.  The sister was a real hero and I really don't think she minded trying to save her sister's life.  Now I don't think the little sister got the attention she needed, but it's hard when you have a sick child.  I did not like the older brother in the movie at all... his character was so much better in the book. 

Really I don't know what I would do until I was put in that situation.  It's a hard spot and has many hard choices.  No one can say for sure until they are in that spot and has to make those chices.

jennamil47
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I saw it...was really sad.  The book was way better though.

preview image

proud working mom

JenniferLeh
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Read the book and I LOVED it!!! I will NOT see the movie as I heard they changed the end. How can you change the ending?!  

Photobucket
Photobucket
alli1204
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:00 AM

I just got done reading the book, and I loved it!  I was unaware that the movie ended differently.  I can't wait to see it.  It's not in the theater anymore so I'm waiting for it to come out on video.

In all honesty, I don't think I could say what I'd do in this situation.  I CAN say however, that I'd go to the end of the Earth to save my DD......so maybe I would do what Sara and Brian did.  Who knows?  I pray everyday I am never put in that position.

Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I'm thinking I'll read the book and then see the movie :)..seems good!

My two beautiful blessings..*Anthony Thomas *11/9/07* & *Iris Raine *8/10/09*

roxy85
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Abagail Bresslin's character is in a car accident and dies. Her organs are donated and I believe it's her sister that gets her kidneys. In the end, after all the battles in court, she saves her sister's life.

Quoting Mommy2Two4Now:

How does it end in the book?

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)