• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So the woman did take her child out of the restaurant..but HURT MINE!!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:49 AM
  • 105 Replies

All this talk about what do you do with your child if they act up in a public place.  I really don't care what you do with your child, BUT DON"T make mine suffer.

We were leaving the diner and apparently a lady with two boys about 6 and 8 were leaving before they even ate.   She was yelling at them, holding by the arms, red in her eyes.  She said something along the lines "if you can't sit still we are not eating".   We were also leaving after we ate our lunch.  My two year old was totting behind my sister when this lady swung the door open so fast with her anger, fucking whacked my DD in the side of her head!!! She is fine with a small bruise and she cried a bit.  BUT< if your going to discipline your child WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER CHILDREN, DONT TAKE OUT YOUR PROBLEM OUT ON MY CHILD!!

She wasn't even remorseful.  No sorry.  Nada.  Nothing.  Like i shouldn't have been leaving while she was pulling her boys out the door.  She sat on the bench and stared at me like F-U.  UGH!!!  I didn't say anything...just kept walking.  I wanted to tell her to f-off!!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
athenax3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:51 AM

You are a better woman than I- my temper would have definitely run ahead of my brain at that point and snotty kids would have fallen to the bottom of the list of things the stupid bitch had to worry about at that particular moment.

PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:52 AM

If that was my son... I would've been screaming my head off.  Kudos to you for not blowing up. 

grammarpolice
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I sounds like she was having an awful day, and on top of it, this accident happened. I'm sure she didn't do it on purpose, but she should have apologized.

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:53 AM

HELL NO !!!  Glad it wasnt me I woulda flew off the handle at her ass. probably woulda clocked her upside the head and asked her how she liked it.

athenax3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Quoting grammarpolice:

I sounds like she was having an awful day, and on top of it, this accident happened. I'm sure she didn't do it on purpose, but she should have apologized.

I can certainly as a mother understand a bad day, I just also happen to know that my bad day doesn't exclude me from basic courtesy or decency towards others and that if I act like an ass, I might just get told about it, lol.....I think an apology would have made a world of difference in this circumstance though-

milmiracle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Yea and then people say it's wrong to wear your child and crazy glue them to you.  This is why aunties are not called your childs mom.

BenJakesmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:56 AM

It would have taken everything I had to NOT say "no wonder your children are the way they are... look at their mother!"

Sorry I have two very excitable boys myself; if I had been angry enough to have done that, I would at the very least have been upset with myself that another child got hurt in the process and apologized profusely!

Tina, wife 2 Dan, mommy 2 Ben & Jake

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Yikes.....I am not sure how I would have handled that one.....especially when she hurt my child.  YIKES.

shecallsmemom04
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:56 AM

wow

anger management????

did you say anything to her?  i would have. 

I'm an insane, bleeding heart extreme animal activist, who licks my dogs ass.  (and yes, for those wondering, i'm kidding)

good

roxy85
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM

It doesn't sound like she was taking anything out on anyone else's child. She opened the door and your daughter was in the path. Think about it from her perspective, shouldn't you have been watching your daughter so she wasn't close enough to the door to get hit? She definitely should have apologized, but it sounds like she was having a bad day which probably explains the look on her face. It was an accident. She didn't check when she was opening the door and an adult wasn't watching your daughter so she wasn't in the path of the door.

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)