• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you favor one of you children over another?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM
  • 17 Replies

I know this sounds awful, but I feel like I favor one of my kiddos over the other 2. Do not get me wrong....I love the all the same,,,

does this make any sense to you?

Fun Photo Contests for MOMS, Kids, and Funny Stuff!

ENTER HERE:

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:44 AM

YEs. I favor DD over the step kids. And with them, I favor one over the other (Because he is so neglected by his mom, I feel bad for him)
DH favors DD over his boys, and with his boys, he favors one over the other (Not the one I favor though, lol)
We love them all. but DD is the princess. Daddys girl and my only child. And I guess it evens out with hte step kids because we each favor one and the both get equal attention regaurdless.

ramadan mubarak

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:45 AM

They are treated a little diffrently, but that is just because they are individuals and are diffrent ages, so we have to do diffrent things. I don't really favor one over the other.  My daughter does get away with more with my husband though since she is a dads girl.

mamapotter
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:45 AM

I love all three of my girls, but I favor them each in different ways at different times.  It's not that I love any of them less, it's that I love them each differently, as they are each very different themselves.  Does that make sense?

Dr. Phil said that the secret to inner peace was to finish everything you started.  So I looked around the house, finished the book I wanted to read, my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.  You wouldn't believe how calm I am now.
savannahnhi
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I can see parents doing that.  I only have one daughter,

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I love both my children the same...BUT, lol...my daughter is 15. She's hormonal, erratic, and has multiple personalities these days. So I prefer the company of my 5 year old. He still WANTS to be with me, and he doesn't scare me near as much.

I never let her know this, of course...I wouldn't want to wake the monster, lol. 

imechard
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Yes, but I alternate which one I like better. Right now the youngest is whiney and I do not care much for that, but then he says thank you when I change his dirty diaper (without me EVER telling him that he needs to) and it melts my heart and I like him best at that time, because he is such a grateful little man. Same with the older one, sometimes he gets on my nerves with his OCD behavior, but then he helps his little brother with something and I look at him and am so proud of him.

lizmarie1975
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I don't think I do.  There is a such a large age gap between my first two that the older one doesn't feel slighted by all the hugging and kissing that my daughter and I do because he's outgrown that stage and thinks it's all rather amusing.

peepszaya
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I don't know that I would say it is favoring, but I do know that I sometimes treat them differently. I have my dd and my ds and there is a different bond with each of them...my dd I go and do the girly stuff with and alot of the times expect alot more from her...don't really know why..but my son is my little boy and my baby...I try not to baby him but I guess he will always be mommy's little boy.

ILive4This
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Some DAYS I like one better than the others...but I've never really felt like I favored any one over the others, in general.

AngelicaRenee
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM

i only have one child, but out of 7 grandkids, my son is for sure the favored one with both my mom, dad and stepmom. AND my husbands parents have 3 grandkids and i'm pretty sure my son is the favorite. lol. though when we're all together you wouldn't be able to tell. they don't treat the others bad or differently (we've just been informed he's the favorite. lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)