Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what if your mate called you a b**** and a h*??????????? **

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:57 AM
  • 37 Replies

I’m bringing this topic into this room because I think most of us can relate or understand and I know this group is diverse with many different personalities.

I assume most of us know who Beyonce and Jay-Z are. Well I heard on the radio that Beyonce is going to divorce him because he called her some names in his song such as ho and bitch.

In my opinion, I do not know why she is so surprised. She chose a man to get into a relationship with who she clearyly knew he had no respect for women because he constantly refers to women as hos and bitches. Furthermore, in one of her songs she refers to herself as a bitch. So again, why is she surprised that he is referring to her like this? Is that not what she married into? Same way when you marry people with bad credit or people with children. You marry into it/them right?

If you were a woman who willingly got into a relationship with a guy like this or you are in a relationship with a guy like this, would you expect him to change?

***i UNDERSTAND THIS MAY NOT BE TRUE, BUT WHAT IF? OR BETTER YET, PUT ANY WOMAN IN HER POSITION MINUS THE DIVORCE. SHOULD SHE BE SURRPISED AT HIS BEHAVIOR?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I think alot of women do go into a relationship thinking they can change the man. It is not fair to either person. And it never works.

ramadan mubarak

JaylensMommy807
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:02 AM

You are also taking this from the radio so who knows if it is really true!!!  But I have been called these names out of anger from dh when we first got together - he doesnt do it anymore but it is very hurtfull and no one should have to put up with it - but I dont think that a divorce is called for because of this - if they are getting a divcorce there is way more to the story - JMO. 

StephanieC86
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I agree, I married my husband knowing he loves to play role playing games online, [[mmorpg's]] such as World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy. I knew all his flaws and imperfections. I didnt want to change him. I wouldnt have started dating him if he was that disrespectful towards females. he hasnt EVER sworn at me in the past 4 years, hes yelled 3 times. I respect his patience and everything that he is as a person.

Quoting isra1986:

I think alot of women do go into a relationship thinking they can change the man. It is not fair to either person. And it never works.

Double.L
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I think it's a publicity stunt, but I get the point. How can you be mad if it's in his character, and you knew it marrying him. He's a rapper, what rapper doesn't call females hoes and bitches. I would upset but it would be unlike my husband to call me that, I wouldn't divorce over it though. A real marriage doesn't end over some namecalling. 

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

TattedMommyof2

I think you are thinking way too much into it.  You can't rely on radio gossip to give you factual information.  Nobody knows their situation.  Nobody knows anything about their personal life.  It's just gossip.  

TheJBug

I don't understand women like that. Why would you marry a man to change him? Why wouldn't you marry a man that you love everything about? I love my fiance and I wouldn't change him for the world - THAT'S what marriage should be about. NOT picking out the things you want to change about them.

IT COULD BE ALL MADE UP BUT...

If you know how a man is going in, then I believe it's your fault if something happens. If Beyonce knew Jay-Z did that and she got together with him anyway, it's now her problem. She knew the truth from the beginning and still chose to pursue it. I think she's an idiot for having a problem now for something she always knew about. Sorry to be harsh but that's my opinion.

myfoursonsks
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I don't believe most of the things that come out of the media,  They exploit everyone they can to make a buck.

kamsmw
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:09 AM

If I'm being a bitch, my husband will sometimes say something like,"Honey, don't be a bitch." It doesn't bother me, because he's not downing me in any way and I WAS being a bitch!

But....ONCE....we were in a limo on the way back from a wedding. Both of us were in the wedding party, and it had been a LONG alcohol-filled day. I had an acrylic nail completely ripped off in the limo door as we were leaving (taking my REAL nail with it), and I was in extreme pain. I was crying, and it was probably a little dramatic and annoying because I was drunk, and my DH called me the worst word a woman can be called, IMO. To make this long story short, let's just say HE KNOWS BETTER now. (and this was years ago).

My brother, on the other hand, is totally disrespectful and hateful towards women. He'd call our own mom a bitch.

amanibani1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Well, I personally have no sympathy for her at all. I agree with you, she also refers to herself  using that negative word. She has been with this man since she was 16 or 17 so she should know how he is. I am not condoning his attitude for women, but she has had a long time to decide if this was truly the person she wanted to spend her life with...its on her.

Jademom07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:15 AM

If it was used as a joke then it can slide...but I will not allow my man to disrespect me.  DH doesn't call me a C*** and will not allow another to do the same. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)