Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thats it i am going on strike-Yes i am a SAHM but not a damn maid

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM
  • 23 Replies

UGH......YES i am a sahm mom but it does not mean i am everyones frickin maid.  My husband is the messiest of them all and i have a 2 year old and a 4 year old.  UMMM hello is it that hard to put your dirty clothes in the hamper...there 2 feet from where you dropped them on the damn floor.  My 4 year old is old enough to clean is room now.  Does he?  NOPE  You know what he said to me?  You clean it mommy.  My husband leaves his pop cans every where.  Leaves his dishes on the counter...cant even put them in the damn sink 6 inches down. 

LoL i am terribly annoyed today.  Anyone else annoyed?

SAHM to two little boys Noah 4 and Andrew 2 And a loving wife to Ryan=)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilmommy2007
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I know how you feel, I worked a 40 hour work week, when my daughter was about 8 months old, and I then had to come home and be my ex's maid and take care of my daughter, cook clean, and do everything. so I was fed up, but now i just have to take care of my daughter

EeeesMom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM

I feel ya!  Cept my hubby cleans on one of his days off and I clean on one of mine.  And fortunately right now we only have 1 kid to clean up after but hes almost 6 so he can do it himself!  When he says mommy u do it I straight up tell him I am not ur maid!!!  U do it!  Poor girl, good luck.

Lilypie

Pregnancy ticker
party_of_5
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I too am a sahm & my 3 kiddos & hubby think it's my responsibility do everything & to keep up with their things. DH has clothes that he wears just to & from work & he is always complaining that he doesn't have clothes, well put them where they belong & I will see that you have clothes. He is a grown man. He's always loosing things & expecting me to find them. UUUGGGHHH!!!

lcappytan05
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:20 AM

DH used to be that way up until about a month ago. We found out that I am a high risk pregnancy, so he has taken it upon himself to do most of the houswork. He does the laundry and he just brings it upstairs for me to fold (he hates doing it and is horrible at it). He will sweep and mop the floors now...he thinks that I am not supposed to be doing anything (which I can, I just need to watch what I eat and take my time doing things....but he insists)....I am basking in it now because once the baby gets here, I have a feeling that all this "maid service" from him will stop...lol!

Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I feel ya!  I work PT at the Kid Zone at Gold's Gym, but somehow keeping up with the house still falls on me.  (Oh, and hubby and I also live with his family - all total, there's 9 people living in our house - no joke!)  Dishes - left in the sink until I can get to them...laundry - piles up everywhere until I move them to the laundry room and wash them...dusting and vacuuming - you guessed it, it's MY responsibility.  I LOATHE it...but I do it for my kids, because I'm not going to have them living in filth!

amber_1024
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Girl, I think all SAHMS go through this. I remember when I was my husband barely helped out, but he didn't complain if something wasn't done.. Hugs, Hope it gets better for you!
mommak78
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I am a SAHWM and I can not get my guys to help either. Then when husband does help he expects a dang trophy or something.  I also have a 9 year opld who thinks the counter top is where all of his trash and junk is supposed to go. I told them the next time they leave stuff on floor or counter I will throw it at them!  I agree with all of you! I owna daycare in my home and so I fix 3 meals a day plus a snack for all of them and clean up after them all day the least my family could do is help out. But after all, I do absolutely nothing all day right?  A day in the life of a SAHWM! AAAAHHHHH!!!

mommak78

cecilianchipper
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I yell at my SO all the time about dishes.  He will just set them on the counter next to the sink and let whatever it is that was on them get sticky and hard to clean.  I absolutely hate that.  Rinse off your dishes immediately!!  Makes them so much easier to clean off.  Also, when he makes himself a snack, I end up cleaning up after him!!  When he gets ice cream, he will leave the scoop he used just sitting on the counter with ice cream melting off of it and onto my counter.  I have to give him a good smack on the hand every once in awhile.

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I'm not a SAHM, but that's what I still tell everyone.  Especially my youngest stepson..............I'm not the maid, servant or the doormat.  My SO is pretty good about picking up after himself, and he will help me pick up.  It's the kids that like to leave their crap laying around.  I let them know that if it's left laying around for me to pick up, say goodbye, because it's history.

txdaisydee
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM

yep i go ons trike quite often...my husbadn balmes everyoen but himself big fat jackass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)