• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you usually RSVP to parties?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:08 AM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you RSVP to parties?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

I usually do.  I'm just asking because this Saturday is my DD's birthday party and we invited the girls in the class to come.  I sent invitations out last week.  Which is earlier than other parents send them.  My DD will get invites like 3 days before the party which I really hate!  Well so far no one has RSVP.  Should I be concerned?  I would hate to get everything set up and then no one shows.  My DD would be so heart broken.  I know I'll have it set up either way b/c I know not everyone RSVP's but it's stressing me out some.  Oh to top it off my DD just got in invite to another bday party that same day.  Different hours though but it was a boy.  So I can understand that his parents didn't know about my DD b/c I only have the girls coming.  I wanted to invite everyone but I'm doing this on my own and I think that many kids would be too much on me!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christine0813
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:11 AM

I voted other. I only do if it is requested on the invite. One week or three days in not even enough notice. When I send mine out I send them three to four weeks in advance and I put on there regrets only with my number.

Married mother with three children, Daniel, Seth, Olivia and SM to Nicole. Owner of Northeast Ohio Mothers   Member of Mommies of Toddler Boys   Member of 2nd Grade 2009  Member of Raising Girls  Member of Ohio Stepmoms and Step/Blended Families

Christine0813
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Oh and if you have their number give them a call and ask since you haven't heard from them.

Married mother with three children, Daniel, Seth, Olivia and SM to Nicole. Owner of Northeast Ohio Mothers   Member of Mommies of Toddler Boys   Member of 2nd Grade 2009  Member of Raising Girls  Member of Ohio Stepmoms and Step/Blended Families

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Normally I send out invites 4 weeks in advance.  But I noticed all year long last year when my DD was in kindergarten that all the parents would send them out a week or later in advance.  So I thought well I'll do 2 weeks instead.  That way they would have more time.

Quoting Christine0813:

I voted other. I only do if it is requested on the invite. One week or three days in not even enough notice. When I send mine out I send them three to four weeks in advance and I put on there regrets only with my number.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I don't have there numbers.  I did request an RSVP by Friday.  I wouldn't think everyone would wait till the last minute to call.

Quoting Christine0813:

Oh and if you have their number give them a call and ask since you haven't heard from them.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM

other - every invitation i have gotten in the past few years has rsvp as regrets only,  so i will call or send the info if i cant come,  i think that is the current standard,  so yes and no,  you should write that on the invites next year so you can know if they dont rsvp .. you can plan on them coming.

lwalker270
by Lara on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I always RSVP whether we're attending or not.  I would call the parents to follow up, I've done that before especially if we're having a party where we have to pay by the child. 

mommyyokes
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I do. It drives me crazy when I don't know who I have coming to one of my parties. So I try to be nice and let someone else know. But it seems like no one RSVP's anymore.

Christine0813
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Oh no. Well I hope they just didn't RSVP and show up.

Quoting Mamagirlz:

I don't have there numbers.  I did request an RSVP by Friday.  I wouldn't think everyone would wait till the last minute to call.

Quoting Christine0813:

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Really.  Never seen an invite that had regrets.  Mine says please RSVP by Friday.  To me I only call to let them know I'm coming.  If I don't call then I'm not coming.  That's how I've always known it to be.  Unless one day they switched it on me and I didn't know.

Quoting AmaliaD:

other - every invitation i have gotten in the past few years has rsvp as regrets only,  so i will call or send the info if i cant come,  i think that is the current standard,  so yes and no,  you should write that on the invites next year so you can know if they dont rsvp .. you can plan on them coming.

chelley32
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I usually try to respond to the person one way or another. And nowadays people give a phone number and an email, so I try to give them an answer one way or another....

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)