• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laproscopic ( sp) Hernia Surgery... anyone

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:35 AM
  • 4 Replies

My DH has a double hernia.. an will probably be having surgery soon. Anybody elses DH had the laproscopic hernia surgery? How did they do? What was their recovery time?

Thanks All

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM

DH has got cut twice. Has 2 6 inch scars :(
His friend had the laproscopy surgery and was friving to WaWa to get coffee the same day!

ramadan mubarak

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:38 AM

The recovery time is about two weeks. Most of the pain is because when they open your abdomen it fills with air. There isn't a way for the air to get out. The hernia will be healed within a matter of days. My DH hasn't needed this surgery but I have. Twice. In fact tomorrow I am laproscopic surgery to remove my gall bladder. Its really not a big deal... well unless your the one going through it, or the family of someone going through it. But the doctors do this surgery all the time.

Good luck to him. I hope he feels better soon.  

StephanieC86
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:39 AM

my DS son has had a surgery on his hernia when he was 3... he made it through it and was up and running again the NEXT day... he has a 3 inch scar on his tummy... but he made it through it just fine!

Kiki7808
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM

my husband just had one but it was not laproscopic. hes has a 21/2 inch scar, cuz they go in and put this like screen thing where it is to hold the stuff in that coming out through the muscule. Mines in the army and has been on leave cuz of it for the past 2 weeks. they just have alot of pain and mine was throwing up the whole first day when we got back from the hospital from being put to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)