Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have already thought about it...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM
  • 21 Replies

What do you plan on getting your kid(s) for christmas?  Please state their age along with what you are getting.

I have no clue yet as this is DD's 3rd christmas but she's only 2.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:38 AM

We don't do Chrsitams, but our Eid is a few weeks away and we are getting her clothes, 1 big toy and a few small toys. She is 18 months.

ramadan mubarak

Christy644
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Ummmmmmm, lottery tickets? LOL

I have no idea, we barely make our bills as it is, I am not ready to think about finding money for Christmas too! LOL

FannieOakley
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:40 AM

For a joint gift for our 3yo and the baby will be 10mo they will be getting a wagon.  Everything else, I have no clue.  We won't be doing a ton of gifts as we are trying to save for a second vehicle and we are going to try to PCS somewhere when DH returns from deployment. 

I do a lot of homemade gifts with my handy-dandy sewing machine.  Clothes, dolls, stuffies, blankets...etc.

kriss1023
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:43 AM

For dd (10) i have no idea!   But for ds (11) a new bike. DH left the garage open and his was stolen (we know who took it but since we didnt write the serial number down we cant prove it) he been using DHs old bike but its a piece of junk!  

MommyMerry7
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Well this year we are doing something different.  We always stress out about Christmas and I always think I have to get my kids like everything but really that isn't what it is about.  We joined the Christmas club this year so our money shouldn't be "as stretched" We are getting our kids three things each and their stocking filled ...that is it.  They get so much from the grand parents that it is just crazy!  They have a play room that is filled to the rim with toys!!!  I have three kids.  I haven't decided what I want to get them yet.  I'm going to ask them what three toys they want each and do my best to get it as long as it isn't hundreds of dollars! LOL

Hannah is three and I plan on getting her a doll house, maybe that singing thing on TV where you can see yourself on TV/karaoke machine (she loves to sing and dance) and maybe another freakin doll!!!

Tristyn is five and I plan on getting him a bigger bicycle (Spiderman), and I don't know what else he wants.

Mariah is 11 and I know she either wants a lap top or a DS but they are both pricey so I'm not sure. 

Also I will be taking the kids out and they will be picking out toys for unfournate children and giving them out as well because I want them to really learn about giving. 

aidensema
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:45 AM

ds is 2.5 right now and i will probably be getting yo gabba gabba toys, if hes still into them in december! we will probably going to israel too so he will be getting toys from there and hubbs presents will be coming from there as well.

Jademom07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Quoting MommyMerry7:

We joined the Christmas club this year so our money shouldn't be "as stretched"   So did we!

Also I will be taking the kids out and they will be picking out toys for unfournate children and giving them out as well because I want them to really learn about giving.  Good idea!

MommyMerry7
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Quoting kriss1023:

For dd (10) i have no idea!   But for ds (11) a new bike. DH left the garage open and his was stolen (we know who took it but since we didnt write the serial number down we cant prove it) he been using DHs old bike but its a piece of junk!  

Who writes down the serial numbers of bikes?  That is crazy!  That makes me want to run home and write down the numbers LOL  Sorry to hear about that!

Jademom07
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Quoting aidensema:

ds is 2.5 right now and i will probably be getting yo gabba gabba toys, if hes still into them in december! we will probably going to israel too so he will be getting toys from there and hubbs presents will be coming from there as well.

What an adventure!  Why are you going?

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Im thinking that dd will get a tricycle she will be 2 1/2.  and my ss i have NO idea what his big gift will be he will be 7 1/2. it stresses me when i think about it lol but i try no to worry b.c things always work out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)