• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHo has Paragaurd?? Do you like it??

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

I just got Paragaurd yesterday, and i'm feeling weird (I was reluctant to get an IUD in the first place) anyway I chose paragaurd, because I did not want any hormones at all, didnt want to gain weight or anything else....anyway, does anyone have it? what is your experience (BTW, I know it makes your periods worse, so)

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
aidensema
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:53 AM

i do and I LOVE IT. i get my period every month on time just like i did with regular BC (pills) and it has become so short and non painful it is WONDERFUL and the best part of course, is not getting pregnant. i sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont want to be pregnant ever again

missingbelle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I had it for a year ! I couldnt clean or do anything besides sit on my ass without getting cramps and bleeding. I hated it, i was in so much pain because i was moving around doing normal things so i had it removed and OMG !! I felt better immediatly !! The copper IUD's job is to keep your uterous so infected it kills and expells everything.

NJKL32107
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I LOVE it. I got my Paraguard back in December 2008 and I have never had any problems. I am also breastfeeding and I just had my first period last month (my DS is almost 11 months). It wasn't heavy at all (my first one in over 3 years!). I dont feel it ever and I never have to worry. I did have some discharge for the first 2 months I had it. But I have no side effects or anything. I personally am very happy that I got it.

jenny_1012
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I had it before I got pregnant with baby #3..I loved it...My periods never got worse and they was always on time every month..I plan on getting another one put back in After the baby is born...Another good thing with the no hormones, /i had my paragard out in Feb. and got pregnant in March..Which was a huge plus....

NJKL32107
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM

umm....thats not true.

A copper environment prevents the sperm from reaching the egg, and it also prevents the egg from attaching to the walls of your uterus.

Quoting missingbelle:

I had it for a year ! I couldnt clean or do anything besides sit on my ass without getting cramps and bleeding. I hated it, i was in so much pain because i was moving around doing normal things so i had it removed and OMG !! I felt better immediatly !! The copper IUD's job is to keep your uterous so infected it kills and expells everything.

aelopez
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I had the "paragaurd IUD" for 1 1/2 years. i LOVED it. I know they tell you that your periods will be worse and the cramping will be too. I guess every woman is different. But, in my experience, I loved it. My cycles were short and light. And over a few months (i'd say 6 or 7) i stopped getting my period all together. I never gained weight. The funny feeling I had in the beginning was just a little bit or soreness. I had a little bit of nausea. But it subsided within a few days. You know, you might be psyching yourself out. I remember your post from before. I believe I commented on it. But, try not to stress out about it.

In my opinion, i Loved my IUD. It was great because there were no hormones in it. and it lightened up my cycles.

I hope all goes well with your IUD.

(remember to do a normal string test too. get to know where the string hangs and how far down it does fall)

EmilyBrooke915
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Well it sounds to me like most everyone's experiences are good, so i'm glad I choose the paragaurd, and no one has said they gained any weight from it (i'm having a hard time mosing weight this time from last baby (he's 4 months, I gained 65 pounds with pregnancy) I never want to get pregnanct again...i'm done. My husband would have never wanted me to get on any birth control at all, he doesnt even know about my IUD, he just thinks pulling out is enough, and if I get pregnant its just supposed to be that way  ( like I should just have no say, in what happens to my body. ) I have 4 kids. and I told my husband. I was DONE after our last. I had a very very hard pregnancy with him. He was 4 weeks early. I wanted to be done by the time I was 30. I'll be 30 in a few months so. Thats what I want. Period. Plus My marriage is NOT that stable in the first place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)