• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

long tearm pain

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:24 AM
  • 9 Replies

hi i suffer from bad knee pain that will not be getting better i get silly strong pain killer but the side effects are bad and i don't want to take them 24/7 i only want to use them when knee having a really bad day so i was wondering how everyone with pain copes or what the use?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LeJane
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Hello there,  I too have had /have knee problems and chronic pain,  I currently have had 3 knee surguries.  I was wondering what your diagnosis was.   I have used braces and wraps when necessary.  I don't like pain meds either.  A topical product I have used frequently is called Biofreeze.  I recommend the roll on.   One other thing that has helped is to make sure and use the right shoes or sandals.  

Leahmaria7981
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I have back and shoulder pain that I deal with daily and have for about 8 years now. I don't like taking tylenol, much less pain meds. I just deal with it. It drives my hubby nuts, but I never complain about it. I just don't like taking any kind of pills.

HeatherMae55
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Oh jeez.. I know exactly where your coming from !!  I have awful leg pain, some call is fibromyalgia, some just call it chronic pain syndrome.  Either way it hurts like a SOB.

But, I use to take Lyrica every day, which worked, but caused memory loss and problems, and I was dependent on it, so I weaned myself off.  THen the Dr. gave me naproxen, which gives me awful upset stomach, now I'm on Tylenol 3, which I took last night andit doesn't help.  :(

So, currently, the way I cope is to know what brings on my pain.  Some things can't be helped, like getting my period or severe weather.  But I exercise regularly, eat healthy (junk food makes it bad), get enough rest, and make sure I"m not too physically active as this makes it REALLY bad.

I also take ibuprofrin, use aspercream, stretch often, and of course meditate if the pain gets really bad.

I hope you feel better!!  Have you tried mobic?  When I had really bad knee pain, I used it and it worked wonderfully!

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:36 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

zbee
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Take it from an old lady hon, there is nothing out there(I've tried it all) that works half as good as Bio-Freeze. That stuff is like a miracle to me. I have to get it at a medical supply store. It is great. Good luck, I know how you feel.

Quoting LeJane:

Hello there,  I too have had /have knee problems and chronic pain,  I currently have had 3 knee surguries.  I was wondering what your diagnosis was.   I have used braces and wraps when necessary.  I don't like pain meds either.  A topical product I have used frequently is called Biofreeze.  I recommend the roll on.   One other thing that has helped is to make sure and use the right shoes or sandals.  

feralkitten
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Quoting LeJane:

i have hypermobility but did not get dinosted until my 20 so i learned to walk toe to heel it should be heel to toe sadly the 2 problems over the years have recket my knees and my hips are starting now i not been offered any surgery but i have been told to where boots or boot trainers I'm not allowed to were high heel of any kind

the said that bad pain is when my knee cap grinds of the bone and when i stand straight my knee sits far to far back due to my hypermobility so i have to stand with one leg bent lol

i'm on dihydrocodeine when i'm in bad pain strong ibuprofen that i to take for 3 days after a bad day i was on tramidol but i hated the stuff  i tried deep heat spray but it makes my skin g red and gets really itchy i have a herbal remedy that helps with my pain i get in my wrists and stuff with my hypermobility but not my knees

sorry about the spelling i'm also dyslexic

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM

i was in a yahoo free group  and people on there were talking about dove soap in a sock  n put at the end of yr bed under the sheet

feralkitten
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM

i tryed a sample of bio - freez once i did not think it did much for my knee but it was on my knees really bad day

zbee
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I see your point hon. You have to use this when things start flaring up and it stops it for me. I hope next time you get it on as soon as it starts, everything doesn't work for everyone, but I have fibro, bone degenerative disease and chronic fatigue, so I have my share of pain and can't take any pain pill with codeine. I take Tylenol for arthritis.

Quoting feralkitten:

i tryed a sample of bio - freez once i did not think it did much for my knee but it was on my knees really bad day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)