Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age do you feel is too old

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM
  • 9 Replies

At what age do you feel is too old for a toddler to go out in public in just a onesie.  I'm not talking about the plain white type ones.  I just recently purchased a few carters ones that are pink, brown and such.  My daughter just turned 2, does anyone feel that is too old for me to take her out in public in just a onesie with her sandals.  My daughter is still pretty little, petitie at only 23lbs and I'm not sure how tall she is but she looks a little shorter.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
snoopy21276
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM

do you mean like out in the yard or out to the store.. i think that is too old for out in public... stick a skirt on her :) she will love twirling!

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM

I would add shorts but its really no big deal

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I think two is too old.  But, I am that mom who never brought her kids out in a onesie, the only time I would even think about it was when they were small enough to never leave the carseat while we were out and I would just put a blankie over them.  I guess I don't understand why anyone would want to bring them out in just a onesie, you can find cute, soft, comfy, little pants or shorts in almost any color, shouldn't be that hard to throw a little pair of knit bottoms to make it an outfit instead of a onesie.  If you're going out in public most places have air conditioning and I would think it would be chilly to be pantsless, and if you're outside and going somewhere like a park, how much would it hurt to sit on woodchips or slide down a slide with your legs sticking to it?

amommy2a2yrold
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Public like out somewhere were shirt and shoes are required for adults? After they can walk or around 1

queeniceone
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM

my son is 16 months old and i still dress him in those cute onesies. and i don't care really what other people think, i actually didnt think it was an issue other than another mother i know doesnt dress her 19 month old son in them cuz he is horrible to change so its just easier for her not to dress him in them, but other than that i think there too old when he grows out of onesies all together, otherwise i dont give a hoot what other people think of the way my son is dressed.

Nzumbe
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Depends on where you're going.  If you're just going to Walmart I don't think it matters.

abbynzachsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I think two is too old. Stick some shorts or a little skirt on her...I didnt take mine out in just a onsie after they turned a year and before then it was only if it was REALLY hot out side.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Pregnant with baby #3? join us! ~ Pregnant again!...baby#3

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM

There are super cute onesies that have shorts on them already.  I believe they are called jumpsuits.  I get them for maybe $5 each at Walmart.  I put my 14 month old in them all the time.  I like them better than onesies because they are just as easy to use but look more like an outfit.

mommyannabanana

kimikylemama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM

So, I guess she is a little too old to be wearing just a onesie.  I guess I will at least put a skirt on her or a dress jumper over it.  Thanks, I was thinking she did look kinda too old to be wearing just the onesie, but I just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)