Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT IS IT ABOUT TEEN MOMS THAT BUG YOU SO MUCH?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM
  • 196 Replies

Is it because we are young?

Or is it because some are not married?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olivejuicebby
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:47 AM

well, for me its... wait... i'm not really bugged by them. lol

Photobucket

Nzumbe
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I want to know too.

DanielleAllen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Good question. I would like to know. I was a teen and I was married. SO I am not sure why I get the looks!

Ktez2002
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Im bugged by the irresponsible teen Mom's. They think they can pop out the baby and since they are so young, everyone else will take care of their baby. I see that LOTS of them don't have the patience it takes to have a child. They still expect everyone around them to do everything. JMO. This is based on what I've seen.

randi1978
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I don't understand the big deal about bashing teen moms.  One of my close friends is 21 and has a 3 yr old and a 4 yr old.  She's a better mom than most of the women I know who are my age with kids. 

Age has nothing to do with it.  It's all about maturity and where priorities are.  And age does not always determine that.

fwkitten2008

Nothing bothers me about teen moms.........I was one.

amommy2a2yrold

I am not bugged by teen mom's I was only 19 when i had my Daughter. But i do think it's funny when there are 14 yr old girls on TV saying I am going to have a baby just cause i want one. and that it won't be hard to raise them. I think HA you are in for a rude awaking and unfortunately the poor baby will get the raw end of the stick.

eye rolling

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:50 AM

nothing bugs we about teen moms if you are ready to have a baby then by all means go for it. I actually just feel bad sometimes because some of the situations are not all that great. Like living with parents, bf doesn't want to be with them, no jobs, and things like that I just don't know why they want to make there lives so hard for me, but there are women in there forties that still have not grasped that so I guess nothing really bugs me about teen moms at the end of the day if they make there bed hard they will lay in it. That's what my step dad told my older sis when she became a teen mom.

treehugger823
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I'm not bothered at all, my mom was a teen mom and most of the people i went to high school with got pregnant in high school. i think it was something in the water lol.

But when I do see a teen mom, it gets me thinking. What was I like at that age? I couldn't have handled a baby that young. So I'm amazed at how well these young moms do it.  Also, thinking back to my teenage years, I could have VERY EASILY gotten pregnant, considering my 'lifestyle' (translate: i was a slut) but I didn't. I just feel grateful that I didn't get pregnant until i was 21, and truly in love with someone that loved me back.

pregnancy due date
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mysteriousmom06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:53 AM

This is not my thoughts personally but.....

I think its just like any other stereotype, a few bad apples spoil the barrel. There are teen moms out there that don't step up to the plate & do what needs to be done. They pop out their baby, show it off for a little bit, & then its up to everyone else to take care of the baby b/c after all they are still kids & need to have a childhood. Then they use their babies as reason to not graduate or to mooch off the system for a long time (i'm talking about the mom who are now in their 20s with lots of kids & still working the system b/c 'they were teen moms & couldn't make it").

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)