Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please please help! I have a spoiled baby and dont know what to do!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have a 2 mth old baby boy who is the most adorable thing you ever saw.anyway he wont let me put him down.every time i set him down to clean,do dishes ect.he screams! Then i pick him up and right away he stops.it gets very tiring but i hate to see or hear him cry.it breaks my heart but i have to get things done sometimes and i also have a 2yr old.what do i do.edit:i have tried putting him in a swing and bouncy seat and he hates it.have tried wearing him he hates that too tried everything:-|
Im lindsey a young sah married christian church-going,bible-believing,non-gay supporting,100% pro-life mom with 2 boys ages 2 and 2 months.i vaccinate my kids,use formula,use cio method,prop my babies bottle sometimes,spank as form of disipline and i love my kids very much.
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:05 AM

You cannot spoil a baby.

Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Bump
Im lindsey a young sah married christian church-going,bible-believing,non-gay supporting,100% pro-life mom with 2 boys ages 2 and 2 months.i vaccinate my kids,use formula,use cio method,prop my babies bottle sometimes,spank as form of disipline and i love my kids very much.
TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I dont think you can either. Sometimes you have to let them cry a little.

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

You cannot spoil a baby.

<3 Aubri Stacia & Tyler Joseph <3

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Especially not one that young!

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

You cannot spoil a baby.

Mena929
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM

IMO you cannot spoil a baby that young. That being said, have you tried to put your baby in a sling so you can "wear" him while you are getting other things done around the house? Will he scream while in a swing or bouncy seat?

MrsReesca17
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM

He isn't spoiled.  You cannot "spoil" a baby that young.  All children go through that phase... my daughter included.  Find something to distract him, or put him in a Bjorn or a wrap so you can still carry him and get things done.

adamsmama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Your baby is not "spoiled". He's a newborn and he needs frequent bodily contact with you. I recommmend investing in a good sling so you can carry him and have your hands free (I like the Moby Wrap and Baby Bjorn). CIO is not appropriate for a 2 month old. When my son was that age I did everything (and I do mean everything LOL) with him in my arms.

Lilypie

cadeesmommy0120
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I had the same problem!  I don't believe that you cannot spoil a baby, cuz Cadee was SPOILED!!!!!  I just had to let her cry some times.  But I got her a swing and I would put in whatever room I was in and she would cry for 5 or 10 minutes but then she'd fall asleep or just sit there and swing and watch me!

CafeMom Tickers
AVON_Mama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Let him CIO it won't hurt him. Make sure everything is fine with him fed, diapered etc. He will finally give up. 

excougarmama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I have a 5 week old who very much wants to be held ALL the time..when she is awake, when she is sleeping ...all the time LOL. I bought a moby wrap and just wear her everywhere. It's hands free so she's snug and secure and happy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)