• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its been a month and she still hasnt come to see him...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM
  • 10 Replies

My sister that is. She lives on the next street over, but refuses to come see her new nephew and she hasnt seen DD since my baby shower 2 months ago... and I think it was christmas before that. I know she works alot and goes to school full time... but its not that shes too busy... she just doesnt WANT to come see them. Actually, she thinks both my kids are abominations and shouldnt have been born in the first place. Her dog means more to her than me or my kids... so be it.

Why does it still make me so sad that she wont come see them... that she doesnt want to be part of their lives?

She doesnt even consider me or them part of her family... and we are BLOOD related. And its not like shes got something against their father, she doesnt even know him... she has a problem with ME and how I live my life... because im a LAZY SAHM, college drop-out doing nothing with my life.

Why cant I just stop caring about her like she has me?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceashell707
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.  Is she just not a baby person?  I have a nephew that is 6 months old and I haven't seen him yet.  I'm not a baby person.  I've seen my brother, his father a couples times, we have had lunch.  He understands me and dosen't take it personal.  My SIL however hates me because of it.

Have you invited your sister over, maybe for lunch?

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Oh, I know shes not a baby person lol she will NOT hold a baby, period. DD is 19 months old though... not a baby anymore. She had NO problem playing with our step nephew (through marriage, no relation) for 4 years, babysat, took pictures with him... you name it! She refuses to do anything with or even see my kids. I have tried talking to her and being civil but our conversations always turn into her bashing me for something I did or didnt do, so lunch is out of the question. She is now even turning on our mom because she thinks she pays more attention to me than her, which is soooo not true. She has already told my mom that she doesnt want anything to do with me or the kids and to not expect me and her to be in the same room ever again (not even for christmas!)

Quoting ceashell707:

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.  Is she just not a baby person?  I have a nephew that is 6 months old and I haven't seen him yet.  I'm not a baby person.  I've seen my brother, his father a couples times, we have had lunch.  He understands me and dosen't take it personal.  My SIL however hates me because of it.

ceashell707
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Quoting tairakittie:

Oh, I know shes not a baby person lol she will NOT hold a baby, period. DD is 19 months old though... not a baby anymore. She had NO problem playing with our step nephew (through marriage, no relation) for 4 years, babysat, took pictures with him... you name it! She refuses to do anything with or even see my kids. I have tried talking to her and being civil but our conversations always turn into her bashing me for something I did or didnt do, so lunch is out of the question. She is now even turning on our mom because she thinks she pays more attention to me than her, which is soooo not true. She has already told my mom that she doesnt want anything to do with me or the kids and to not expect me and her to be in the same room ever again (not even for christmas!)

Quoting ceashell707:

Wow, she is harsh. 

My only advice is that she sounds like a person you shouldn't want in your life.  You are not lazy and doing nothing with your life, you are raising children, the most important thing in the world. 

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Quoting ceashell707:

Quoting tairakittie:

Quoting ceashell707:

Wow, she is harsh. 

My only advice is that she sounds like a person you shouldn't want in your life.  You are not lazy and doing nothing with your life, you are raising children, the most important thing in the world. 

And the worst part is, this has been going on way before the kids were born... about 6 years now. I have no clue what I did (or didnt do) to her to make her like this... the only thing I can think of is the fact that I moved out of my dads house with my boyfriend at 18 and left her there by herself (my dad worked alot at the time so she was literally by herself most of the time). We used to be sooooo close, did everything together, had plans to move into side by side apartments one day... I dont know what happened. I think thats why I cant just let her go... I need closure I guess... I just want to know what I did that was so wrong...

Oh and thanks for talking to me... its nice to have someone to talk to.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:26 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

diane-b
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Quoting tairakittie:

Quoting ceashell707:

Quoting tairakittie:

Quoting ceashell707:

Wow, she is harsh. 

And the worst part is, this has been going on way before the kids were born... about 6 years now. I have no clue what I did (or didnt do) to her to make her like this... the only thing I can think of is the fact that I moved out of my dads house with my boyfriend at 18 and left her there by herself (my dad worked alot at the time so she was literally by herself most of the time). We used to be sooooo close, did everything together, had plans to move into side by side apartments one day... I dont know what happened. I think thats why I cant just let her go... I need closure I guess... I just want to know what I did that was so wrong...

Oh and thanks for talking to me... its nice to have someone to talk to.

Have you asked her what her problem is with you ?confused

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Actually, I havent... I never get to talk to her long enough. My mom has asked her though... she has yet to get an answer.

diane-b
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Quoting tairakittie:

Actually, I havent... I never get to talk to her long enough. My mom has asked her though... she has yet to get an answer.

FINDTIME,shake hand CLEAR THE AIR...

Motherof3inNJ
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Sometimes it's like this with families. I have a stepfather that I don't get along with and it makes it hard for my mother and I to have a relationship and for her to even see my children. She hasn't met my 5 month old DD and has only seen my 18 month old DS once at Christmas when we went up to Massachusetts to stay with my grandparents(I live in New Jersey).

My stepfather won't allow my mother to visit me and they can afford it. She only talks to me if I call her and it has to be on the landline cause he limits her cell phone minutes. I've told her he's too controlling and I don't understand how she is expected to babysit his daughter's kids and see mine once a year. She says I don't understand.

I think with family sometimes you have to take what you can get.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Quoting Motherof3inNJ:

Sometimes it's like this with families. I have a stepfather that I don't get along with and it makes it hard for my mother and I to have a relationship and for her to even see my children. She hasn't met my 5 month old DD and has only seen my 18 month old DS once at Christmas when we went up to Massachusetts to stay with my grandparents(I live in New Jersey).

My stepfather won't allow my mother to visit me and they can afford it. She only talks to me if I call her and it has to be on the landline cause he limits her cell phone minutes. I've told her he's too controlling and I don't understand how she is expected to babysit his daughter's kids and see mine once a year. She says I don't understand.

I think with family sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Damn, that sucks. I guess youre right. SOs sister and mom would kill to spend some time with our kids, but they cant because we live in FL and they live in NY, but my family (my sister and dad) barely spend any time with them and my mom lives 45 minutes away and can only see them 1 a month or so! Its all kinds of screwed up and my kids dont know any of there family... just me and daddy... and our friend Josh.

Your stepdad sounds really controlling, what an ass! Mine tries to be and my mom just told him to STFU and if he wants to be with her its her rules lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)