Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WANTING A NEW PET!!! NEED ADVICE!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:15 AM
  • 14 Replies

HELLO LADIES ME AND MY FAMILY ARE THINKING ABOUT GETTING A CAT I HAVENT HAD A PET SINCE I WAS ALITTLE GIRL SO THIS IS NEW TO ME I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I WAITED TILL MY KIDS GOT A LITTLE BIGGER SO I THINK WE ARE READY IM THINKING OF GOING AND ADOPT A CAT BUT I DONT NOW WHAT TO GET RIGHT AWAY FOR THE CAT PLEASE GIVE ADVICE IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO BE WARNED ABOUT THE BEST KIND OF FOOD FOR THE CAT ETC. ANY ADVICE WOULD GREAT AND THANK U TO ALL THAT RESPONDS

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittcobb20
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I have 2 pets. They are hermit crabs. Not high maintenance at all!!!

in lovetoddler girltoddler boybaby girl

jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM

laughing

Quoting brittcobb20:

I have 2 pets. They are hermit crabs. Not high maintenance at all!!!

kamsmw
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Wish I could help you with cat questions, but I have a rather LARGE dog. The shelter that you adopt from should be able to answer your questions! Good luck, and enjoy your new pet!

cmb121906
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Toys, water dish, food dish, litter box, litter scooper, litter. Other then that, cats really do not need a whole lot. Adopting a kitty is a wonderful thing to do, since there are so many. As for food, I would steer clear of the really cheap foods, ,like the no name brands. I buy Meow Mix and can get a 15 pound bag for like 12 bucks. My cat loves it.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown!

jjessers
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Sorry...I don't know much about cats...we have 2 dogs...but heres a

bump 

25beengoodtome
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:27 AM

I've had dogs all my life, DH & I were just given a kitten last Saturday. Kittens are so much easier to bring into your home! They are quieter, less demanding of your time & attention,and they entertain themselves - without destroying everything around.

We're not using a litter box,we have two dogs in our house. This kitten will be trained to go outside to "potty", I take her out first thing in the morning, then about 20 minutes after she eats, then again, before we go to bed. She has not had one "opps" ! I'm so impressed, every pup I've raised had a lot of "oppsies", and took weeks to reach this stage of bladder and bowel control. Plus, the kitten is happy with a piece of string.No special toys needed. Purina kitten and cat chow, served on an old saucer- no "special" dishes or bowls are needed. She even eats from my dog's bowls!

~Marie~, ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED TO CAFE MOM and loving it!
cmb121906
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention. A pet is a long time commitment. You have to ask yourself if you will be able to afford vet visits if something bad were to happen along with routine vet visit. Those can get costly. If you ever move, you'll have to find a place that is pet friendly as well.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown!

youngmamaluv
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM

we are committed to this im just nervous because it is so new i love animals and so do my kids my son is a little skeptical about animals up close to him but then he warms up im not worried about my girls at all so do u think it would be good to take him with me to get the cat so it wont be a surprise 

shecallsmemom04
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM

do you want an older cat or a kitten?

the answer to that will help me give you better advice. 

I'm an insane, bleeding heart extreme animal activist, who licks my dogs ass.  (and yes, for those wondering, i'm kidding)

good

youngmamaluv
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

do you want an older cat or a kitten?

the answer to that will help me give you better advice. 

im looking for amale kitten so my kids and the kitten can grow together plus i want them to comfortable

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)